Tuesday, October 30, 2007
1. I'm very anal (sorry if that offends)..everything must be straight and in a line in my art. Not always a good thing.
2. I, too have to tear out all the cards from magazines before I can read them! Maybe this should be a sign to those editors that we don't really like them!
3. I once raced a BOSS 302 Mustang in Jim Conna (sp?) races before we sold the car to someone who wanted to race it in Australia.
4. After work I would come home and turn off anything in the house making noise, TV, radio, kids....ok that didn't work, and clear everything off the kitchen counter. Had to do it to create some semblance of peace before I could do anything.
5. Told my kids to call me when they were out late...anytime...they could lie to me about where they were ....just let me know they were alive and ok. Hopefully they didn't have to lie too many times!
6. I had a boyfriend who couldn't bait his own hook....fishing...and I would do it just to go fishing with him...his wife still hates me for dating him. Too bad. Maybe she should have liked minnows a little bit more.
7. Have a bad habit of wanting to staighten anyone else's pictures that are hanging crooked....doctor's, friend's, mild aquaintances...not always a good thing. Did anyone say OCD?
Monday, October 29, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
A lot of the words are Tim Holtz Distressables. Great to work with. And not all the metal was embossed by me. Some strips are from Making Memories and they work great having the sticky stuff already on them! Ask any questions you want....there are no secret remedies here!
Now, go make a house!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Going to the Cirque tonight and will work on the next house for the wall hanging. Thought I would load the little houses that got me started on this journey. These little houses are sooooo much fun. You MUST look at http://TimHoltz.com/ for his video on Grunge Board!
It's terrific stuff and a wonderful video! We saw him demonstrate it at CHA.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Here is number 8 in the Row Houses. It is my husband at about 3 years old. The color isn't quite true, but you get the idea. The frame is a belt buckle that he sawed the middle piece out for me. And the antique metal piece is from something, but don't know what. If anyone knows, please tell me!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
a new idea
for the row
I think I
will use some of Ten Seconds Studio's black metal in the next one on the block. This is a box with it. This newer line is wonderful to work with.
Will get back with the results later.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Monday, October 1, 2007
Great, great fun and cheap therapy! More images from Collections. Stamps, 7Gypsies tape, Everlasting Keeksakes chipboard, and metal tape.These are becoming an addiction!