Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stencils and Tags

This year is going to be about Layering...
 
So what better place to start than on a Tag?!?!?
 
Lots of products here, just play with the layers.

 
I start with a #8 Manila Tag, GrungePaste and a Chevron Stencil.
 
Then I added layers of Distress Stains and Green Yellow Inka Gold.
 
 
I used Stamps with Archival Inks, White Paint, and a White Pen last. See the difference a white pen makes in the contrast on the Typewriter!!!

 
Add a Trim to the top, layer it onto Black Chipboard and add 3 Wooden Buttons to give a bit of interest.
 
Simple, Simple, Simple.....my word for the Year!
 
Check out the links below for supplies. Most can be found at Inspiration Emporium where  you can use my iecain81 code  for 10% off your order!
 
Linda
Products Used:
Ranger-Inkssentials - Manila Tag #8 , Jet Black Archival Ink
Prima Marketing - Chevron Stencil 6x6, Clear Stamps Almanac and Engraver #1Hello Pastel,  
Tim Holtz-Idea-ology - Trimmings Naturals, Black and Cream
Tim Holtz-Stampers Anonymous - Mixed Media
Inka Gold - Green Yellow
PaperArtsy - GrungePaste
White Paint
Black Chipboard
Sanding Block
White Sharpie Pen
Black Waxed Linen


12 comments:

yoursartfully said...

It's definitely all about the layers Linda. What a gorgeous tag and I'm blown away by the white pen on the typewriter....amazing how it brings it to life.

Lin

Linda M. Cain said...

Yep! I almosted scrapped it, but I figured I couldn't make it any worse! THX.

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, Linda, love all your layers!

massofhair said...

Fabtastic Tag, so 2014 is all about layers, good to know now all i need to do is practice, practice, practice. Can you tell i'm not too good at layering lol, good challenge for me.

Always love your creations thanks for the inspiration :-) x

Marijane said...

What a beautiful tag! Your use of colors & textures is always amazing and with the addition of white pen accents...perfection!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. Love your white pen around the typewriter.

Julie S said...

I've had a few projects lately that I almost scrapped because something was missing. Added some more layers (what could it hurt, right?) and wah-lah! Problem solved. :)

Gorgeous tag. The white pen really hit the spot.

Sandy said...

Now you have me singing - "sunrise sunset - sunrise sunset - quickly flow the days" Love the layers and colors Linda.
Sandy

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Linda, maybe simple to you! Lol. I'm loving all of the layers in this and the texture you got from the paste. You art is always very inspiring to me :) Also, since I haven't "spoken" to you in a while, Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, the layers & colours are fantastic.

Maura said...

Great tag- you definitely got the layering down!

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

I adore this!!! You're right, the white pen is the perfect finishing touch for the Typewriter :-)