Friday, January 10, 2014

Be Still My Beating Steampunk Heart!

Can you believe....Valentines and Steampunk???
 
Perfect!!!
 

Then throw in  Retro Cafe Art Gallery  ingredients, and it's just too much fun!
 
Kristin really out-did herself here with this awesome design. I LOVE it!

 Her brilliance is so popular,  people love to use her ideas.....hmmmm.



This comes in 2 pieces. The bottom piece was painted with London Bus and Blood Orange Fresco Paints from PaperArtsy.
 
The top layer is Bora Bora, South Pacific, Autumn Fire, Cinnamon and London Bus.

I used Little Black Dress to "dull" the faux silver watch piece.

 
Black and Red Archival Ink were used to stamp layers of images.

 
And the last layer has many RCAG pieces and an image of a turn-of-the-century Gentleman.
 
The Ornate Keyhole and 2 Swivel Clasps create the top with 2 vintage brass eyelets.
 
Check out the links and get going. This was really, really, fun!
 
Linda
 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery Products Used:
  
Other Supplies:
 
Two larger brass keys, eyelets, and brass clock charm - source unknown.
 

27 comments:

Lisa H said...

Yep, that is very very cool!! Not sure the old guy with whiskers turns my crank though LOL!

Linda M. Cain said...

Ha! Yes...Steampunk men aren't exactly sexy! Although the women always seemed to be.

Gretz said...

Stunning!

Claudia N. said...

Wow - this is awesome! LOVE IT!

Carol Q said...

love what you've done with this fabulous piece Linda!

Martha Richardson said...

Love the simplicity thing...lol'

Linda M. Cain said...

OK...ya got me there. LOL

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is so cool love all the gears not so sure I like the old guy with the whiskers there though LOL . Thanks for sharing

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely glorious... I've already ordered some of these amazing steampunk hearts at New Year - just have to be patient while they cross the Atlantic (grrr!!)... this is stunning, Linda!
Alison x

RaNae Ellett said...

Absolutely stunning, Linda.............I Love the steam punk look of this piece and as usual, you have done a more than fantastic job.....LOVE IT!!!

Christina C. said...

OMG.........speechless!!!! Love this gorgeous and amazing creation!!!!!!!

Createology said...

Hearts and Steampunk married together equals true bliss! Fabulous...

Art By Wanda said...

FABULOUS!!!!

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!!! I totally adore this!!!!! Thank you for showing us this fabulous heart! x

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I simply adore this piece!!! So wonderful! xo

Samsmitty said...

It might actually beat !! Awesome !!

Cheryl C said...

The way a heart should look!!! This is gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Hey Linda - wonderful! You and the Retro Cafe go together like ice and cream! I do love this steampunk heart.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing & utterly gorgeous.

2amscrapper said...

This is such a vibrant, stunning piece, Linda!

Kathie said...

I love him! Great job!

Kathi said...

I love this. Great Steampunk piece!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this piece! I have to find some $$ and go order some goodies!

mamablitger said...

Linda your STEAMPUNK heart is just fabolous.... I love each detail. And I love your creativity !! You keep on to inspire me. Thank you so much !!!
Hugs from SPAIN

Lori said...

This is awesome Linda! I love it! That is a very cool piece by Retro.

Unknown said...

Woooow,fantastisch schön,ich bin begeistert.

Herzliche Grüße Petra

Chark said...

amazing!