Time for a tutorial. This is the tag I made for SNR a couple of weeks ago. It's based on the piece I created for Ranger's booth at CHA using their new Metal Foil Tape.
It is fantastic to work with!!! And with the Texture Fades and Alcohol Inks....Well, you be the Judge.
Way easy, and Way fun!!!
Supplies you will need:
· Alcohol Inks and Ink Applicators with Felt of your choice – I used Lettuce, Denim, Wild Plum, and Purple Twilight
· Distress Inks – Dusty Concord, Rusty Hinge, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Black Soot and Blending Tools
· Various Texture Fades plus Artful Dwellings, Tattered Florals and On the Fence Dies– Tim Holtz Alterations
· Gold Acrylic Paint Dabber, Metal Foil Tape, Jet Black Archival Ink, Manila Tag, and Glossy Accents from Ranger
· Fragment Charms, Chain Tassels, Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint , Grungepaper, Kraft Resist Paper, Alpha Parts/Ransom-Tim Holtz
· Stamps of your choice – I used Elegant Ledger from Stampington for background
· Chipboard, Pop Dots, Ribbons, Rhinestone Brad, White Pen, Embossing Machine-I used the new Vagabond
Here we go!
I start with 3 different dies from Tim. The On the Fence, the Tattered Florals and the new Artful Dwellings.
Here I cut the fence out of thick chipboard and added Picket Fence Crackle Paint. Set aside to dry. Trim to width of tag.
Next I cut the tall skinny house out and added a piece of Kraft Resist Paper Stash. Glue to the bottom and trim. I added Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to edges. Add white pen dots and a stamped image as you like.
The stamp is Elegant Ledger from Stampington & Company stamped it twice with Jet Black Archival Ink...(couldn't live without that ink)
Cut a piece of metal and emboss it with the Texture Fades Damask. I have the Vagabond and it's a dream to work with...I'm just sayin'.
Using the the Ink Applicator and felt apply alcohol inks of several colors. Let dry and add a 2nd layer. This creates back washes of patterns that are very cool!
Sand off top layer with fine grade sand paper or leave as is. I also use a brush to add ink into the crevasses where I can't get the color I want.
Lay the metal face down on worktable and peal off backing paper. Lay tape over top part of house at roof level. Trim edges and add ribbon trim.
I like to add the house to black heavy chipboard and cut out 1/8" all around.
Add the tape to Grungepaper, die cut with Tattered Florals die, emboss, and add Alcohol Inks as before. Use Distress Inks on the backs.
Curl and pinch the flower petals and layer up with a Rhinestone brad.
Add glossy accents to back of Fragment and glue to vintage picture. Let dry. Cut around edges and add Chain Tassel with a jump ring. (I trimmed mine here a tiny bit)
Add with pop dots to the house.
Use Gold Metallic Paint Dabber to add a light dab of paint to the black Ransom Letters.
Now we're ready to assemble!!!
Glue the house to the tag with peak slightly above the top. Add more white pen dots.
Use pop dots to add the fence and flower. Add the letters down the side.
Tie 2 ribbons to the tag top and you're done!
Hope you enjoyed this project. Let me know what you think, and if you make one, we'll share!