Monday, October 14, 2013

Journaling again and Lovin' it!

Hey Everybody, how 'bout another page in a Journal just for fun???
 
 
This spread is done in the smaller Journal from Dylusions. I LOVE this size!!!
 
 The Stencil is from Terri Stegmiller called Layered Salad S111. It is perfect and you get great bang for your buck with all the different layers. VERY cool!
 
I started with lots of bright colors from the Distress Inks that I added with the Ink Blending Tools.

 
Then I added the Stenciling with darker Distress Inks, Broken China, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves around the edges of the pages.
 
I used the fine tip end of  Distress Markers to trace bits of the stencil around the interior of the pages.
 
  The Numbers here are stamped using Tim Holtz's Numeric set and Jet Black Archival Ink.
 
The shadows make the numbers really stand out!!!
 
 
 
The lighter stamped images break up the darker colors.

 
Shadowing is one thing I love to do to images. This part of the Stencil just fascinated me..
 
I ran it along the bottom and continued it across to the other page.
 
 Ink and the Dog Mini stamps from PaperArtsy 22, 48, 56 and 74 are also used around and through the stencil.
 
White and black pen marks are added here and there as well.
 
Hope you enjoyed this and it inspires you to create a page of your own!
 
Linda


12 comments:

Lynn Good said...

this is awesome!!

chuewanita said...

Oh Linda how fun is this!!! I'm gonna give it a go!!! Lets see how I come out??

chuewanita said...

I'ts Lisa by the way!! Old login name!!

Annette Green said...

Linda, these pages are so fun and inspiring. I really need to stop being such an art journal wimp and do more pages. Love these!

Linda M. Cain said...

Go get 'em Lisa!

Debby said...

Beautiful and that is a cool stencil. I have to dig mine out and play with them more! Thanks for shaing!

sam21ski said...

Fabulous vibrant background colours - love it

Sam xxx

mamablitger said...

Oh my...LOVE your spread. You always use such vibrant colors. Love your layout, the shadows, your stamping.....all of it !!!
Thanks for sharing and keep on inspiring us !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous spread, love the colours.

Beth Norman said...

I love this. So beautifully done!

Caroline said...

Oh my, now THAT'S what I call an AJ page!!! Absolutely tremendous, every part from background distress ink to the stencil & stamp effects.. .. Amazing! WISH I could do such a piece! Wow! C :))

Kathi said...

Wow. Absolutely fabulous page.