Sunday, January 29, 2012

CHA Ranger's Designer Challenge

Well, it's finally here!

CHA has officially begun, and so here come the samples from the depths of our very souls!

This was one of the most fun of all.

The Designers Challenge from Ranger using
Stickles, Ice Stickles, Liquid Pearls, or Accents (Glossy and Crackle).

And it was so much fun. I LOVED how this turned out. I hope you do, too!



We were given a 13" paper mache mannequin for a base, and a ton of products to play with.

I knew when I saw the gorgeous new colors, that the Blues would be my 1st choices.

I also used Perfect Pearls to paint several pieces so that everything sparkled. 





The headpiece is a pin I found at JoAnn's.

I made a dress out of muslin 1st to be able to fit it to the dress form before cutting out the blue material.




This material is from a project I did a few years back for a Cloth Paper Scissors accordion book.




It is so beautiful with the gold metallic studs and mica chips on the wonderful watercolor-looking silky material. So glad I saved a piece.

The leaves are hand-cut from Grungepaper and have Stickles outlined with Liquid Pearls.





Getting the neckline was the hardest. The material is slippery.

The Grungeboard Butterflies are painted with Perfect Pearls and Stickles as well.

Wonder Tape secured it all perfectly!!!!

The Ice Stickles don't show up well in the picture, but they are all over the tulle skirt and the headpiece.

It really does SPARKLE!




 I added a wooden base that painted with Perfect Pearls first and then coated with Ice Stickles.

The Stickles and Liquid Pearls really were fun to draw designs around the base for added glitz!


 Thanks to Ranger for this great opportunity to "play with products". It was a BLAST!

Linda

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you an Idea-ology Project for Tim's booth...can you say Pulley Wheels, Clock Keys and Faucet Knobs??????

14 comments:

Shirley said...

That is gorgeous, Linda. I love it!!!

Helen said...

Simply stunning!

Jill W. said...

it was worth the wait and all of the teasing!! Beautiful job.
~Jill

Art By Wanda said...

This is fabulous, Linda!!!

SusanK said...

Looks like she's ready for a night out on the town! Lots of glitz! Beautiful!

Netty said...

Its terrific Linda, so different to the one I'm showing on my blog today. Its so much fun seeing the differences. Annette x

Debby said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love all of the sparkles and the colors are beautiful. I love all shades of blue.

Meme said...

Beautiful! I love that color of blue, it is so vivid!

Great JOB!

Can't wait to see the next project!

Elaine A said...

WOW! Outstanding Linda! This is just amazingly beautiful! You've really come through with this piece - I think the Vegas showgirls are waiting in line to put this one on - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous- love that color of blue, and how you put the whole thing together!!!!!
Diana

lynne.forsythe said...

BEAUTIFUL lady!! BEAUTIFUL!

Maggie said...

WOW WOW WOW fabulous, stunning love it!!

Maggie

Candy C said...

I love your dressform, Linda. It's beautiful! Stunning may be a more appropriate word! Suze posted all of the dress forms on her blog today...they're all cool...but I love yours!!! <3 Candy

Lori said...

Another awesome piece, my dear! LOVE it! And real material to boot...holy cow!