Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Steampunk Shrine for Father's Day

It's time for a 
project!

was just the right size to create a collage of gears and wings for a piece that could easily be for a Father's Day Gift.


I lay out my pieces on the packaging that the shrine comes in, and then paint the pieces. When you're done, there's no cleanup, just toss the plastic sheet away and your'e ready to move on.

Here I used the new Patina Pastes on all the outside pieces, over a base coating of Gold Rush Metallique Paint. 


I used the same Gold Rush paint to the inside and added some stamped images with black Archival Ink.

Put it together with a small amount of white glue and you're ready to decorate.


I toned down the color a bit to make it more rustic with a bit of the Brown Rust Paste.

The gears from the kit were used to make the collage base that I glued onto a large wooden block. This raises the grouping of Mini Gears, Fancy Gear Charms, Small Antique Brass Steampunk Charms, and Copper Gear Mix, up from the back to make it more visible.

The Edwardian image of the man was added to the Ornate Plate and glued with Heavy Body Gel to the collage.

The Wings were colored with Stream Alcohol Ink. I found these in my stash of charms that were for earrings. Hard to tell where I got them! But that's the fun of it sometimes. Whatchagonnado?!?!

Add a couple of more copper pieces of ephemera, some Box Corners on the back, some tiny 3mm Brass Circles on the sides, and it's done.


I'm thinking this would make a great Father's Day present for someone, but I just enjoy Steampunk pieces for myself.

What do you think?

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

P.S. Click on all the links throughout the post for all the products you can get at Retro Cafe Art Gallery. 

4 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So awesome Linda! I especially love the brass circles!!!

Linda DesGroseilliers said...

Another wonderful piece, Linda!

Jackie PN said...

Linda, you know what I think??? This is OUtstanding!!! What a fabulous piece! bravo!
Jackie xx

mamablitger said...

Love and adore your art. You are so talented !!!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs from Monica
Spain