Monday, August 15, 2016

A Denim Journal Cover for Finnabair CT

Hi again everyone, it's my turn again on the 

Today I'm decorating the new Denim Journal that is really different
from any journal I've ever used before.


I started by picking 3 flowers from the new Purity 2 collection, 
and giving them a coat of the Clear Sculpture Medium.


When dry, I added another coat of the Heavy Black Gesso.


I decorated 3 leaves from the set.


I added a piece of embossed paper, a strip of Resist Canvas, some 
cotton trim and a piece of torn paper as a base with 3D Matte Gel.

Then I painted parts of the background with Heavy White Gesso.

Now I started to gather some elements to put with the flowers and leaves.
Some will stay, and some will be let go.


Now I try to lay out unpainted flowers to see how I want to design the
cover. There are plenty in the package to play with.


The flowers are now painted with all different combinations of the 
Metalliques Paints. Contrast is the key here. The chipboard ARTIST
cutout is painted with Dark Velvet and Brass Hardware. 

The Mechanicals that made the cut are a Grungy Butterfly, a Mini Knob, a Steampunk Blade, a Vintage Center, and a Washer #1 that has the
 word Create on it. 


Now I add some paints to the edges and the trims. I used Black Gesso around
the edge first to kind of seal the denim, then I add more Metalliques.

I used a bit of Yellow/Blue Opal Magic in places to create that amazing
metallic blue over Royal Red and Ancient Coin. 


The daisy trim is painted with Black Gesso and the Yellow/Blue
Opal Magic. 


It still needed something, so I lathered on some White Crackle Paste and let it dry. 


This is a detail shot of it after it's all glued together, highlighted with lots of 
lightly brushed on paints, a couple of sprays of to add color to the
Crackle Paste, and splashed of India Ink.

Shadows also make the colors pop!


I hope you've enjoyed the journey here. Remember to let your
imagination run wild and try not to think too much
...let your Heart inspire your ART.

Linda

4 comments:

Suzna said...

Awesome color effect. want to try it

Diana said...

love!!! i havethesupplies but am guilty of "thinking too much"

Lizzy Hill said...

My GOSH! What a fabulous result.....loved reading how you reached it....those white flowers sure got a fantastic make over :):)

Barbara DeLisle said...

wonderful and thanks for sharing