Friday, July 22, 2016

A Whovian Blue Card of Love

Hi everyone, just a fun and simple card for my dear 
Granddaughter who is an avid Dr. Who follower...
 a Whovian, I presume.


She is not a glitzy or foo-foo type person. Glitter and such would've 
been a bit over-the-top for her tastes. So I tried to keep in touch with
her favorite color....whovian blue, and use it with a 
Relics and Artifacts Flaming Heart Ex Votos I.

I used some cheesecloth and Sculpture Medium to create a base, and 2 
large Ornate Flourishes underneath the Heart. 

The heart and flourishes are painted with Heavy Black Gesso,
 and then several colors of ArtAlchemy Opal Magic paints are added...


I used Clear Crackle Paste on the center of the heart to add some
texture, and then more gold paint is brushed on. 
The work LOVE is added as a simple sentiment.

I cut a piece of some gorgeous scrapbook paper from my stash
 and added a bit of gold Opal Magic around the edges. 
Then I layered it onto a piece of black chipboard.

Pretty simple, and very easy to create a memento
for a loved one or a friend to display on a small
easel in their home.

Linda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

STUNNINGLY ELEGANT with a CHIC FLARE! Just beautiful Linda - I bet she loved it. Xj.

Kim Collister Studio said...

A handmade card and one as beautiful as this is always the BEST!!!
Love everything about it!

Linda M. Cain said...

This is the drama queen who jokingly threw herself on the floor crying when I sent her a card with a barcode on it. 😂

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

STUNNING work!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So gorgeous!!! Beautiful colors and layout! xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh this is beautiful and has inspired me to make a wedding card I've been struggling with, perfect Linda and stunning as usual ❤️