Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Snowman Keepsake Case from Retro Cafe Art Gallery

Ever try to take a picture of a window??? No, why would you. But photographing these little beauties is a bit tricky, so bear with me. I couldn't take a front shot because of the glare.

This is the Medium Sized Crystal Clear Keepsake Case.

 
There are 3 styles to choose from. This one is the Ornate Fleur. The 4 pieces of acrylic fit into slotted pieces of Masonite. Fill it with anything you like, here I used Frosty Snow that's big enough that it doesn't come through the cracks. But a texture snow could be used as well.
 
The Pine Cones have gold paint on them, but Kristin carries them with white snow. I used a hot glue gun to add the berries and decorative twine to the top.


This is a Small Chipboard House.....without the accompanying base,covered in Red and Gold Glitter.
 
There are 2 Snowflake Cut Outs on the roof with White Art Sugar Glitter....Boy is that stuff gorgeous!
 
 
The 2 sizes of trees have the Art Sugar added over a light coating of Glossy Accents.  They actually have a Blue Sparkle to them in real life!!! Perfection! (Wreath will be on a later project...you'll have to come back!)
 
The little Snowman rolling a a snowball is a mini ornament from Hobby Lobby. I glued all of them down with 3D Matte Gel...stuff really works great.


The Green Glitter on the top is sealed.
 
Now this is not my own idea, but something I saw on Printerest from
Aunt Peaches and her I Love to Create.com  blog.
 
I adapted it with the products I had. You mix 1 part water, 1 part Soft Matte Gel, and some fine glitter of the same color. After your original layer of glitter is completely dry, paint a thin layer of the above mixture over the surface. I was really apprehensive of this, thinking it would loose the "shine", but it was amazing how it just seals the glitter so no more falls off! Brilliant!

I MEAN, REALLY COOL!

 So check out the links below, ask me questions, leave comments, whatever!!! Just have some fun and get "glittery!"

Linda
 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery Products:  Crystal-Clear-Keepsake-Case--Ornate-Fleur,  Mini Frosted Pinecones with Berries1.5-Inch-Green-Bottle-Brush-Trees-WITH-SNOW, 1-Inch-Green-Bottle-Brush-Trees-WITH-SNOW, Snowflake-Cut-Outs, Small Chipboard Houses, Soft Matte Gel, Heavy White Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Glossy Accents.

Other Products, Ice Stickles Christmas Red, Mini Snowman Ornament, Red and Gold Trim, Frosty Snow, Gold Tinsel Twine, Ebony and Ivory- Mardi Gras,-and Luminous Glitter Sets by Finnabair, White Art Sugar, Hot Glue.

3 comments:

Lisa H said...

this is so cute Linda!!! You know how I love little scenes. The details are great (and glittery!) =)

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so pretty! I love all the details you put into it. I love looking at and buying all the goodies at Retro Art Cafe'. I still have a few projects from my last order to work on ;)

Sandy said...

Such a wonderful project - I could move right in. That little snowman is so cute!
Sandy xx