Monday, December 1, 2014

A Festive Votive Church Shrine with Retro Cafe Art Gallery

 I just LOVE how this little Votive Church Shrine turned out!!!

You've got to love the gorgeous glittery trees and roof, and the Deer are just perfect in this setting.
 
If you follow me, you know I like to base-coat my Coffee Break Design pieces of Masonite with Heavy White Gesso. Here, when using glitter, I always paint the next color the same color as the glitter I'm going to use. 
 
I learned how to work with glitter from the Glitter Queen herself, Lisa M. Pace. Her work is fabulous, especially when it comes to sparkle.
 

I've used Kit 11, but there are 2 other little shrine kits with subtle changes. They're all wonderful. This one comes with the cross for the top that I added Luminous Gold Glitter to with Glossy Accents.

I painted the pieces of the Shrine and added the glitters to them when dry. The gold around the windows makes the warmth of the votive light really shine. 

These kits are put together with a light coat of Soft Matte Gel or 3D Matte Gel. 

The Deer come in ivory or brown. I had 1 brown and 2 ivory, so I just painted the 2 plain ones with Butterscotch Alcohol Ink.

The snow is Glitter Snow that is spread onto the masonite base. It has some Soft Gloss Gel and Silver Luminous Glitter added for a bit more sparkle.


The Trees and Wreath already have a bit of white paint on them, but I added Glossy Accents and White Art Sugar to them, too.  They actually have a beautiful blue sparkle in spots.


The roof has a coating of Glossy Accents and a Luminous White glitter added. It's a bit coarser than the Art Sugar, and BOY does it SPARKLE!

The front of the Shrine has touches of Art Sugar here and there, not a full coating. and the bell tower is coated with Antique Silver Art Sugar. This stuff is absolutely amazing, and goes such a long way.

Add your electric votive candle and it's ready to warm up your coffee table to get you in the mood for Christmas.

Check out the links and send in your order to Kristin. And don't forget to check every Wednesday for Random Wednesday and a chance for a prize!

Linda

3 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Really turned out lovely Linda!! Reminiscent of vintage putz!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So glittery gorgeous!!!

Jackie said...

Beautiful Linda♥ It is taking me back to when I was a child :)