Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Cameo Owls

 Just a fun little project for a last minute Halloween decoration.

The birds are going crazy in the backyard at the feeders, so I decided to make a cute little Owl Cameo Frame.

Check it out.

 
I used lots of  Retro Cafe Art Gallery  products that really came together well.
 
The Spiders have Soft Matt Gel added with the Precision Tip applicator, a great tool I might add, and then sprinkled with Copper and Black glitter.


 This is a detail picture of the Platinum Texture Crackle on Masonite. It is sooooo cool!

 
The Crackle here is really stunning on the detailed frame. I outlined the bats with White Sharpie pen, and added some highlights to the picture. The paper also has several Distress Inks on them and some shading with pens.

 
 
I used the Inka Gold Green Yellow to add more color to the frame, and Copper on the Brass Charms. It makes a really big difference and adds great contrast.
 
A few stamped images help to balance out the composition inside the frame.
 
I sealed the frame with Soft Gloss Gel.

Have Fun, check out the links below, and a safe Halloween.

Linda

 Retro Cafe Art Products Used:
Precision Tip Applicator Bottle
Sharpie Extra Fine Point Poster Paint Marker-White

 Other Products:
Distress Inks
Graphic45 Happy Haunting Collection

12 comments:

She Reads Late Into the Night said...

Linda this is just gorgeous, what a wonderful Halloween project!

S@ndy Diller said...

Very nice décor item Linda. I love the details and dimension!! As always your work is packed with splendid color.

Lisa H said...

I really like this Linda!! Great image in the frame too. =)

Kathy Eddy said...

This is another fantastic piece Linda! Love it!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so awesome!!! I love Retro Art Cafe's products. I have a ton of projects that I got last month to work on.

Createology said...

OWLdorable Halloween Decor. Thank you for sharing your how-to.

Kelly said...

Love your cameo, the owls are so sweet and in perfect colors for Halloween.
Hugs Kelly

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

This is a great piece Linda! I especially love the Copper Inka on the Charms. It really does make a difference! Great to know! xoxo

Sandy said...

Wonderful Linda - it is a fun project! So much fun that I had to place an order at the Retro Cafe!!
Sandy xx

KJ Buchanan said...

Oh, so awesome!

Martina said...

Again a very extraordinary and wonderful creation,dear Linda! Super idea and beautifully designed.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Such a wonderful project! Love it!