Saturday, October 25, 2014

Warm and Cozy Blog Hop with Finnabair Creative Team

It's time for a Finnabair Creative Team blog hop....with a theme Ultimate Coziness,....find a picture on Pinterest, or from your own collection and use it as inspiration for your project.

This is what I came up with....my Warm and Cozy.


We don't know about your corner of the world but in Europe and the United States, dreary November weather is just around the corner...
That's why, Finnabair Creative Team came up with a special challenge to warm you up and possibly inspire you to create some fantastic art. Feel welcome to join in!


Cosy or Cozy....depends where you live.


This is my Inspiration photo from Pinterest. It's heavenly, isn't it?  Wish this place was mine, but, alas, it's just my inspiration. I'll lead you through a bit of my process.....


I started with a large #10 manila tag, the Stars Stencil, and Modeling Paste


When the paste is dry, paint Black Gesso over the entire tag. Dry with heat tool, and sand down exposing most of the white stars.


Next spray liberally with 3 colors of blue and plain pearl Perfect Pearl Mists. Gotta love the affects here!


I made a bunch of Art Doll Faces with paper clay and sealed them with Soft Matte Gel. Then I painted them with Fresco Acrylic Chalk paints.


I used several Masonite laser-cut stars from Retro Cafe Art, Soft Gel, and Luminous Glitter to add some more sparkle.


If you know me at all, you know I LOVE houses!

They speak to me. I die-cut 3 chipboard houses and covered them with papers from the Sunrise Sunset 6x6 pad, and Natures Garden from Prima. The Raindrops Stencil and Dusty Concord Distress Ink is on one roof. 

 The Stamps and Adverts, Adverts, Lace and Doily, and Lady Bird stamp sets were used to decorate all of them as well. The lacy edge trim stamp was REALLY pretty here.


I added some Heavy White Gesso to the high points of the Prima Engraver Trinket


Then I used a Zig Wink of Stella brush on it for even more sparkle.


I cut a piece of the edge from a Resist Canvas "Ads" and stamped HOME using Archival Black Ink.


I die-cut wings from manila cardstock using the Thinlits Heavenly set from Prima and coated them with Copper Crackle Texture Paste.


It is just too cool for words when it dries!  You can add some Distress Ink to the crackle to give it more contrast, or add some sparkle with the Zig pen.


The copper frame was the perfect size for HOME. Copper Crackle is amazing on black chipboard, too, that I layered the tag onto. 


The Numeral 1 Mechanical with Soft Gel and fabulous Blue/Black Ebony and Ivory glitter is glued to a piece of painted chipboard.  I applied White Gesso then Tarnished Brass and Brushed Pewter Distress Paint on the Mini Flower and added it with an Engraver Brad.  

This shows the results of the Stella Brush on the papers, too. Glitter and Mica are so hard to show in a photo, but this night shot worked really well.

A few more pieces of ephemera, some pen marks, more stamping, and a vintage picture completes the little houses.


So I guess you can gather that HOME is my comfort zone. Deep dark star-lit skies through the windows, and the warm color of wood and a fireplace look like an ultimately cozy place to sit with a glass of wine and a good book.

Click on the links for the products at Finnabair's Mixed Media Place.

Here's how our Cozy Challenge works:
First of all, make sure you blog hop with our Creative Team. Below you can see the list of all the blogs where you can find lots of warm and fuzzy inspirations. Make yourself a huge cup of hot tea and visit each of the Ladies to see their Cozy interpretations of the challenge. Don't forget to leave a warm comment! :)
Linda (You Are Here)
 
We hope you feel warmed and inspired! :)
If you do, we have a fun challenge for you and a great prize to win!
Here's what you can do:
 
1) Find a photo that will serve as a Cozy inspirational jumping point for you. It can be any image from the internet or a photo you take yourself;

2) Create a work (layout, collage, canvas, cards - anything goes) that represents the concept of coziness;
3) Go to Finnabair's blog and leave a link to your work. You have two weeks to send in the submissions - 'till November 8th. Then, our Team will choose a winner.
We can't wait to see your 
COZY CREATIONS!
 
 
Now, jump to the next blog on the Blog Hop and don't forget to enter for a prize to win!!!

Linda

47 comments:

Karita said...

Wowzer! Stunning work! And thank you for the great tutorial :)

JaMajka said...

Great idea, feels like home for sure!

Riikka Kovasin said...

What a stunner and with step photos and instructions! You are such an inspiration! <3 Do you by change ever make ATCs 'cause I'd LOVE to swap! :D

Helen said...

Love the inspiration, I'd quite like to live there too... Your cozy home work is beautiful, and thanks for taking us through the steps. Love those molds you made too!

Cherished said...

Beautiful piece of art.

famillemarleau said...

This is a very original piece. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Linda, love the 3 little houses
hugs Lynn

Createology said...

Seeing your tag took my breath away for its beauty and cozy home feeling. Reading all the many steps you did to create this tag has left me speechless! YOU are Amazing!!! Creative Cozy Bliss...

Vicki Christensen said...

Home is the ultimate symbol of cozy... warmth.... comfort... beauty... peace. Captured brilliantly!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Linda. Definitely evokes a feeling of home and hearth and drives away the chill Autumn wind. Love the background with your moons and stars. Gorgeous vintage paper houses. I'm inspired :)

She Reads Late Into the Night said...

Your little houses are just darling! What a Wonderful Tag!

Julie Lee said...

Beautiful project, Linda! I love your inspiration too! These little houses against the heavens are the ultimate in cosiness! xxx

Unknown said...

Can't get any more cosy than HOME, this is the first time i have visited your blog going to be back very soon xx

Unknown said...

Linda, I can understand you completely, I wish I could have such a place, but your sweet home tag gives the real warmness, not that photo, great little houses!

Salla said...

Wow! I love houses too, and all the textures and metallics in your piece... Also the moon faces!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Stunning work! Love the loads of textures!

Carol said...

I am loving all of your beautiful works, thanks for sharing with us all

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Linda, I love your inspirational home too but I love your stunning tags the most of all. I love the textures and thanks a lot for showing in the making process. Hugs xx

Jackie said...

Your post makes me feel warm and cozy! Love the houses and the sparkle♥

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Warm and cozy colors!!!
Thank you for your tutorial! It's great!!!

NNN said...

Красиво

Brigitte said...

The textures are perfect, thank you for the tut.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing linda, so many ideas here!

Lucy x

Jackie PN said...

Wonderful tag Linda! Love the shades and hues you achieved with those sculpey faces-gorgeous!
Your inspiration pic is ---ahhhhhhh-the best-I would just like to snuggle up in front of that fire with my cocoa and a book! tfs!

Carol Salisbury said...

Lovely tag! Love the layers, texture, colors....
Great tutorial!
I'm with you about that inspiration picture....I could be very happy in a place like that!

S@ndy Diller said...

Linda

Great take on the theme and so much wonderful inspiration. I like the addition of the wings. The faces are so fab too. Well, I just love the entire thing.

Naiara said...

Sooo beautiful!

Lisa H said...

Very cool Linda!! (and cozy! ;-) ) I will have to put on my thinking cap about this contest.

Gems Inky antics said...

Wow Linda, this is my idea of inspiration....I love everything about this. The colours and textures are fantastic and oozing inspiration x

Hellen said...

Just gorgeous and so very creative!!!

Katia said...

awesome!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous project! Love all the texture!

Наталья Шалыгина said...

lovely prodject!!!

Michelle Logan said...

Love your whimsical style!

Lori said...

Love this tag! Those faces are adorable.

Scrapalex37/LaLouvea2Têtes said...

This tag is so beautiful ! Thanks for the tutorial, i will do it after my holidays !

Unknown said...

It's jast a gorgeous! Thank you for inspiration. I going to partecipate.

EXTRAVAGANZA said...

Great idea! These persons are mysterious…

Margiù said...

the details of this painting are fantastic!

Home sweet home said...

Fabulous work!!

valou29 said...

wonderful work! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Hello, very creative work, full of great ideas, thanks !

Unknown said...

Holi! un tag precioso me encanta como contrasta los colores y lo que has puesto, bello, cariños!

Madzioza said...

Świetny tag! Urocze domki!

IrinaR (Irina Rakovets) said...

Интересная идея!!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful work Linda, love it !!

delphine said...

so original work!! I love it!