Monday, January 11, 2021

Angel of Peace

 Here we are again. It's a new year, but it's still a crazy year. The United States has had some horrific and sadly historic events lately, but it seems to have driven me into a shell/studio phase to create.

So here is my Angel of Peace. She is a Paintbrush Doll from Retro Cafe Art Gallery as a base that's loaded with Finnabair products in layers. I hope you enjoy.

Oddly, I started out wanting this to be more of a "simple" creation. (who was I kidding) That's why she has no real physical face. She morphed.....that's all I can say. I have no defense. 

The Mechanicals are painted and some are wire-wrapped. The collar is a piece of the Vintaj Passion Flower Filigree. Usually an epiphany comes to me at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. Hence the wire. It just needed something. 


The black paper dress for the angel was stenciled with the gorgeous new Effect Pastes from Finnabair. The brush is painted with Metallique Paints and the wings are screwed onto the handle. I applied clear gesso to the metal part of the brush.


I cut apart the flower for the collar and painted it and the Steampunk Gear for her halo. The Wings mechanicals have White Pearl paint and wax added to make them shine.


A painted star was the last element to be added. Almost went with a heart, but the star just looked better in this space. It's made with a mold and paper clay. 

You can also see the cold connection here with the copper etched piece and the embossed brass piece from Vintaj where I used a Sizzix DecoEmboss folder by Vintaj. 


The wire is a decorative wire I bought years ago on a trip to Galena. 


I learned to etch metal in my lovable and crazy, dear friend's class, the infamous Jen Crossley. She also taught us to make the cold connections. There's no glue involved in this type of art form. It's very challenging, but so cool. Check out her classes. I've saved this piece for just the right spot, and now it's where it belongs. I enjoy creating things that dangle with wrapped beads. Don't know why....

 I added rhinestones around her neck for some additional sparkle. The large metal Mechanical flower is from a discontinued set. 


This is the original photo I took, but when I laid her down on the new and fabulous Journaling Minis Celestial Music tissue paper, well it was just, WOW! So I used an 8x8 wooden canvas and some soft gloss gel to glue it on, and the rest is history. Who knows where this will lead.


Last shot here shows the Rusty Red Metallique Paint and Burgundy Wax on the ferrule and crimp of the brush. The etched piece has brass Pilot Wings with 2 Swarovski crystals that were wire-wrapped. The dangle is added with a jump ring as was the star. I didn't hang this up straight on a wall, so the beads aren't hanging well, but you get the idea. Forgive me there. It will some day.


I guess that's all for today. I hope I've inspired you in some small way. Check out the product links below. You can find them at Finnabair's Mixed Media Place and in the USA at Retro Cafe Art Gallery.

Be well. Stay safe. And wear a mask.
 Hugs to all,

Linda

Product List Retro Cafe Art:
Finnabair Mechanicals - Steampunk Gears, Winged
Finnabair Effects Pastes - Mermaid, Golden Dragon and Phoenix
Finnabair Metallique Paints - Mermaid Teal, Steampunk Copper, Rusty Red, White Pearl, Royal Red
Finnabair Metallique Wax - Burgundy and White Pearl
Finnabair Stencil - Laurels
Finnabair Decorative Paper - Journaling Minis Celestial Music
Finnabair Moulds - Stars and Moons 
Brass Pilot Wings

Mixed Media Place:
Finnabair Effects Pastes - Mermaid, Golden Dragon and Phoenix 
Finnabair Metallic Waxes - White Pearl, Burgundy 
Finnabair Tissue Paper - Journaling Minis Celestial Music
Finnabair Stencils - Laurels
Finnabair Mechanicals - Steampunk Gears, Wings
Finnabiar Moulds - Stars and Moons 
Finnabair Metallique Paints - Mermaid Teal, Rusty Red, Steampunk Copper, Royal Red

Other Products:

3 comments:

mamablitger said...

Linda first of all Happy New Year to you and your family.
And I had to tell you that your paintbrush angel is just amazing. She looks faboulos ! You are so skilled and you share with all of us. That is so generous of you. Thank you so much. You are always a great source of inspiration ! I LOVE your art !
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Linda M. Cain said...

Thanks so much for the kind words,, Monica. ❤️

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Such a stunning angel! I adore the wire wrapping! And everything else too!