Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Rediscovering Vintage Journals

Just a note to tell you how thrilled I was to have 2 of my new-found and uncompleted Art Journals published in the July/Aug issue of
Somerset Studio.

Years ago I made several journals of different sizes and shapes. Some I sold, and others were given as gifts. 

This one is a Barnes and Noble kraft-colored journal refill. It was only partly
decorated before I put it in a box with the other journal and placed them on a 
shelf.....years later I found them and decided to finish them.

Old and new elements are used to embellish the covers and backs. The Vintaj 
Brass pieces on the cover here and the Finnabair stars are always my favorite additions. The hand-dyed ribbon with luscious layers of colors from rich purple to brilliant orange is tied over the gold and black metallic trim. 


This small Zutter-made book also uses the linen-like papers with stamped images and a couple of Vinaj brass pieces. 

I've used white and black pen dots for a decade and added more to this one when I found the basic start. 

The trim and brass key was used to divide the two papers, and the black gems creates a little more contrast.


Sadly I didn't photograph this little book before I sent it off, so this is a picture
of the spread in the magazine.

All the products and instructions are in the magazine with many more pictures.

I hope you enjoy all the wonderful Artist's creations that were so brilliantly
displayed in this great publication. On newstands for you July 1st.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

1 comment:

Annie said...

Wonderful details on your makes Linda and I just love the beautiful layered details...............TFS and best wishes
Annie x