Tuesday, March 6, 2018

New Baked Texture Embossing Powders

I finally got my new Baked Texture Embossing Powders from
Seth Apter
and they have been a real source of creativity for me.

This tag was created using a number of Distress Oxide Inks on a black tag first, and then coming back with 2 layers of Vintage Beeswax.

I added some Rocky Road, Ancient Amber and a bit of Chunky Rust in spots.


This collage shows the tag before, then with a layer of EP+stamped images, and the final product on chipboard with "Create Art" from the Darkroom Door.

I tried first to stamp into the hot beeswax with an inked stamp, but it didn't come out as dark as I wanted, so the rest were just stamped onto the EP directly. I added black permanent pen to the 1st image to make it darker. 

Then I liked it.


This is a plain chipboard laser-cut key from 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery that was created with a layer of  
Patina Oxide.


The INSPIRE chipboard was embossed with Chunky Rust.


And this is another tag with Vintage Beeswax and Ancient Amber on top of Distress Oxide Inks. 


Check out your local stores for the new Embossing Powders or order them directly from Seth Apter's Shop.

Have a great day, and let me know what you think. 

Your Friend in ART,

Linda 

9 comments:

Debby said...

These are gorgeous! Ordered some of the powders yesterday so have to wait!

Linda M. Cain said...

Debby, you’ll love them!

sarascloset said...

I love your post, Linda! And what a beautiful tag you've made! I have been playing with mine, and recently did a tutorial on Frilly and Funkie. Thank you for sharing your experience! Hugs! Sara Emily

Lisa H said...

beautiful Linda! I just got mine – I'm going to try them out today. =D

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous yummy textures Linda!!
Jackie xx

Kim Collister Studio said...

Linda,
Inspired by your use of Seth's embossing powders! Waiting for mine and can't wait to play! Your tag is awesome!!
XX
Kim

Kay said...

Loved this tag. Enjoy your instructions too. Now to play, too!!! You are so talented!!

Bridget Linton said...

I love what you do with Seth’s powders - how did you achieve those gorgeous blobs?

Linda M. Cain said...

The blobs are excess I scrape up and add to parts of the tag.