Friday, August 21, 2015

Create Moments - Art Collage

It's my turn on the 

I LOVE the chance to create and play.

So this is a real Mixed Media project that has lots and lots of products and pieces.


I start with a 6 x 12 inch canvas board, Clear Gesso and the Grungy Grid stencil.


When it was dry, I painted on Heavy Black Gesso and removed some of the paint with a baby wipe. Then I sprayed with various mica sprays.


I wanted some distinct contrast so I thinned down the Heavy White Gesso with a bit of water so I could let it splatter and run in areas of the canvas.


I added some Canvas Resist Elementals and paper pieces with 3D Gloss Gel.


 Since I started out as a watercolor Artist, I wanted to use an old paint brush and some tubes of watercolor paint in the piece. I used the wings to say how I've flown to different levels in my Art, the glasses to denote that I keep my vision open to all things, the arrow ever pointing upward for my goals, and the ART and Journey plates that give the work a title.


After gluing a majority of the pieces down, I covered most of it with Clear Gesso using one of the wonderful new brushes from Finnabair. They are perfect and a package has 7 different sizes. 


I mixed several colors of Mica Powders with water in spray bottles and sprayed. I dried it in between and sprayed again.


This is how it begins to get it's colors and layers. Many more colors and sprays are added for depth and color.


Then I bring out the Micro Beads and Glass Glitter!!! Now for some filler and shine.


Sprays and Beads and Glass Glitter all make this come alive. IMHO.


I found that my heat tool kind of melted the bristles of the brush that only made it take color and waxes even better. See all the little beads and glitter added with Soft Gloss Gel?


I used Guilder's Wax and Inka Golds to create more color on the tops of certain elements.


I LOVE the contrast that you get with different paints and pastes here.


I decided the vintage ruler had to have something more....so a couple of Words were added to really make a statement.


That's what it's all about here........Creating Moments on an Artful Journey through life.

I love the learning process of my journey.

It's an honor to be with Finn's Creative Team. You can see other great projects there every week on her blog...so check it out and leave them some love.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda
Products Used:
Prima Art Basics - Brush Set, Heavy White Gesso, Heavy Black Gesso,
                                Clear Gesso, 3D Gloss Gel, Soft Gloss Gel.
Prima Art Ingredients-Mica Powder - Copper, Blue, Teal, Purple, and Pink.
Prima Art Ingredients-Micro Beads - Black, Silver,  and Gold.
Prima Art Ingredients-Glass Glitter - Midnight Blue and Pitch Black.
Prima Art Ingredients-Glitter Set - Caribbean Sea
Prima Mechanicals - Plated Labels, Washers, Gears, Leaves 2, Vintage Centers,
                                   Washers 1, Numbers, Roman Numerals, Bottle Caps,
                                   Flowers #10.
Prima Elementals - Canvas Resist Borders #3.

Other Products:
Buttons, Left-over Glitter, Lace, Found Objects, Guilder's Paste, Inka Golds, Metal Ephemera.

21 comments:

Margaret said...

this turned out great! Love it.

A Pink said...

Absolutely Stunning! Linda Such lush colours. I love that your embellishments / (pieces) tell a story of your creative journey . Thank you so much for sharing how you made your fabulous mixed media project and for the amazing photography too .
You are one super talented artist xx

Linda M. Cain said...

You make my heart sing Amanda. Thx so much!

Nancy D. said...

Thank you so much for sharing your process & story of this wonderful piece....I love it..!

Laure Janus ~ Little Joys Studio said...

Really, really beautiful, Linda. I love every single piece and part of It. I'm in the middle of a studio re-org/de-stash, so starting a project is out of the question, but all I want to do is PLAY with Finn's wonderful stuff. Such fun!

Rachel Greig said...

Amazing project Linda! Love all of the details! :)

Christine Kiehl said...

WOW! This is a HOME RUN! Thank you for sharing the process via words and pictures, so nice!

Debby said...

This piece is amazing! Love all of the texture and sparkle!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gosh I adore seeing how your pieces 'come to life ' ---- gorgeous! As for the paint tube... It was my fave bit here:)

Lisa H said...

I LOVE this Linda!!!! =)

Linda M. Cain said...

Thx so much Rachel!

Scrapthat said...

Love all the p
bits and pieces Linda!! I love the symbolism and the use of the meaningful treasures like the paint tubes. So great! TFS Linda

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda -your canvas is so wonderful and beautiful. I love each element you used and the colors are amazing.

Theresa said...

Saw this earlier on Finnabair's blog.....and it is STUNNING! You did a fabulous job with it!! I just love it.

SueC said...

Beautiful project Linda! Fantastic use of all different items, particularly love the tubes of paint! A piece that I'm sure will take pride of place. Sue C x

muriel said...

Wow! This is such a fabulous way to say things without using loads of words! And another very inspiring demonstration of how to use Finnabair's products. Finnabair's team is my favourite. She's a lucky girl to have you and the other ladies.

Art By Wanda said...

It's fabulous, Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tocoart said...

As always your use of colour is what lifts your work to outstanding xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is a knock-out - love it!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! So rich and interesting! Amazing and inspired. :-)

nwilliams6 said...

I love this board! I was so inspired by it that I studied and did one of my own in memory of my Mom. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Mine did not come out as good as yours, but I learned so much from your awesome instructions. Here is the link to mine:

http://whatsonmykitchencounter.blogspot.com/2016/06/memories-of-sara.html

Thanks!!!