Monday, September 8, 2014

A Little Pumpkin Witch and Friends

Look at this Witches Green eyes! That's what made me decide to put her little face on my Articulated Victorian Pumpkin Art Doll.


I added a few things.... a mat board Cat Cut-Out,Candelabra Cut-Out, a Halloween Word Scroll Cut-Out, and a friendly Furry Spider at the base. All the rest come with the kit.


 The base is painted with Fresco Paints and stamped with Archival Jet Black Ink using the Halloween 3 stamp set. The Candelabra is painted with Distress Metallic Paints, Frescos and Sharpie Markers.


I used Graphic45 Happy Haunting paper on her dress to add color, and her neckline trim is German Dresden Border that I brushed with brown Distress Ink.

I love the face from the Fairy Art Doll Head Paper Cuts II. I trimmed it up a bit for the hat to fit right.

The last thing is to add some white and black pen marks to accent the pieces.

I'll let you in on a little TIP to get the BRIGHT orange colors. It's a Snowflake Fresco Paint basecoat, then Tango, Smoked Paprika and London Bus. A couple of you say your paints aren't as bright. That London Bus added last REALLY makes that orange bright!!!

The greens are added onto a white base, using Guacamole and Limelight....again I can't stress enough the need for the white basecoating.

Have fun and give yourself a little project for the season.

Linda

7 comments:

Mo said...

How cute is this witch! I really like the G45 paper you picked; it looks great behind the pumpkin too. Lot's of inspiration. So glad I peeked at your blog as I'm about to order some goodies from Retro Cafe. I'm very appreciative for the Fresco paint tips. I've started using them, very fun. Thanks for the inspiration.
PS - turns out 65 not a bad number at all. Lol
Mori49

Linda M. Cain said...

Too funny Mo! Love the Frescos!!!

barbarayaya62 said...

Love your withch! Amazing projects, perfect for the season! BArbarayaya

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Such a stunning witch Linda. As always, I love all of the details! I just noticed the cool base stamp you used! Love it! xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martina said...

Wonderful new works which you have designed here, dear Linda! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Kim Collister Studio said...

Oh my bats and black cats, I LOVE her!!!!!
👻🎃👻💖💖💖