Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have to Go BIG!

This months Challenge with Inspiration Emporium is CELEBRATE!
 
I decided to go for a big with a #12 Manila Tag here that could be used for Father's Day.
 

I started with lots of Distress Stains on the tag.  While it's still wet, I spritzed it with water  to let them blend and bleed.
 
 
 
 
Then I grabbed my "go to" set of Mixed Media stamps and added the Chicken Wire and Sequin Waste stamps.
 
 
More stamping with black archival ink for the main images.
 
I cut a piece of plain chipboard about 1/4 inch larger than the tag, painted the edges with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and layered the tag onto it.
  

 A few more images from the Purveyor set are roll stamped in the next layer. Stenciling with Chevron and Checker stencils and Metallic Gold and Black Embossing Paste are last.
 
Just punch a hole and tie the Linen Ribbon at the top.
 
 Check out the links above for Inspiration Emporium and enter the May's Monthly Challenge - Celebrate. Use my code iecain81 for 10% off your order!
 
Linda

7 comments:

Anneke said...

Beautiful work, great Colors thanks for sharing Anneke.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Love the colors Linda and you have such a sense for a balanced layout of your stamped images. Great tag!! -- Mary Elizabeth

SusanK said...

Oh my gosh....I love this! Might be just what I could imitate for my step-dad. Thank you for a push!

Kathi said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Sharon Y said...

Linda you always create the most amazing backgrounds and just the right finishing touches. Love this piece. Love the big ol tag!

Debby said...

I really like this one! Have to create a birthday card and may have to borrow some of your ideas! Thank you for sharing.

Jackie PN said...

Totally Fab Linda!! I love how you have combined elements and layered here- what a cool tag! ")