Wednesday, February 20, 2013

House Hooks Project

You're gonna love this one!

Another tutorial that will take you right through this project is on the PaperArtsy Blog today.


I have to say, this is my favorite project in a long time. I love houses, and vintage images of kids are just perfect for the front of this little piece.

House Hooks

This is the wooden plaque that is just too cute to believe. It's approximately 14 x 7 inches and ready to go.


The tutorial will take you through the layout and prepping of everything using chipboard to Masonite fences and frames  from Retro Cafe Art....start to finish.



This is the House #1.


 And here's House #2.
You'll be able to dig in your stash of chipboard pieces, trims, and little bits of ephemera to make this project your own.

This is a detailed picture of House #3.





And this is House #4 that we'll put together to wrap it all up.

So ask questions and leave comments if you have any.

I'll get back to you with answers and I'll cheer you on!
So get ready for some Mixed Media Stamped FUN!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments here. I'll be traveling, but I'll do my best to get back to you. So I'd love to hear from you as I'm touring around!
Linda

20 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

WIFI down at hotel this am. Post will go up at 1pm CST today on the PaperArtsy blog.

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is amazing! Lve it! Trace x

SusanK said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to hang keys or other important items your family needs.

Rosie said...

This is gorgeous. I am in love with it

Kay Wallace said...

You're quite right! I love it! Great project with a totally functional result!!

Netty said...

Love how you've decorated this Hook stand, perfect as usual. xx

Bonnie Irvine said...

What a delightful project. Love the colours, the kids, the details...everything. Off to check out the tutorial.

Createology said...

These houses are very special with your details and the photos. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Diana Fernandez said...

I just love this!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous! It's similar to one I've just made but I didn't have it so easy darn it! Love the base and all the pieces...WOW!!! Amazing detail you've added...stunning! Gorgeous vintage photos as well!

Beth Norman said...

This project rocks. I love the vintage feel. Putting vintage photos in the houses is perfect.

Words and Pictures said...

I'm another huge fan of little houses (brought up surrounded by my mother's dollshouse collection) - and of your blog header too! - and this is just wonderful!! Looking forward to diving in to all the details...
Alison x

krcmasterpiece said...

Truly love this project!! The colors and wonderful together. As always-you inspire me!

ionabunny said...

Love how you have put these together. All the elements and colours are just perfect. Thanks for the inspiration

Lori said...

Lovin' it! You're doing fab work with the Retro Art stuff...have some I need to blow the dust off of. lol. Also enjoying seeing your travels on FB. Cool!

barbarayaya62 said...

Love this project! I love houses and i love vintage !Truly beautiful!!! BArbarayaya

Art By Wanda said...

Hey Linda!!! I've been very behind in blog visiting. All your projects are as fabulous as ever!!!!!!!!!!!! I've skimmed them on the PaperArtsy blog and will go back for more careful reading later.

Linda Manning Findley said...

more wonderful houses .... you do them so awesomely .... thanks for sharing the wonderful eyecandy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Omigosh! How marvelous are these? Cutest things I've ever seen! And you made them so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Susan C. said...

Another really, really, nice piece....I am inspired!
Thank you!