Thursday, May 5, 2011

Class Pictures and a Spring Garden


I spent the day in the garden. Such a gorgeous day. I was digging up plants for the Morton HS Plant sale.



This is the fun part....I need to get a load of mulch. Not so much fun to put that out. But things are getting there.



I almost waited too long to take pictures of the Tulips. Really glad I took the time to plant them last fall.



The Pulmonaria has loved the tons of rain and cool weather.



The colors were wonderful today. And thank you for the sunshine.




And here's some of the gals in the Chunky ATC Class at Creative Cuts and Crafts last Saturday!!


We had a blast.....and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the fun we all had.


These gals are so talented!!


For more pics go to the shop's HIGHLIGHTS here. Worth the time...what a HOOT!


I'll be going back in September.....so stay tuned!!!

THEN
Tonight the Morton Symphonic Band blew me away....and everyone else. The incredible pieces they played will be played again at the U of I in Krannert Hall on Saturday for Illinois Super State Concert. Good Luck Kids!

It was a concert that will be very hard to top....a college band could not have impressed me any more. These kids played the most difficult music and played it so well.


 Sooooo proud of you all.....especially my son, Jeff, the Music Man.

Linda aka Band Mom

9 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Looks like so much fun and those floors are georgeous!

misteejay said...

The colours in your garden are beautiful.

Sounds like you have had some funtime...class, garden and proud Mom moment.

Toni xx

yoursartfully said...

Linda, your garden is just beautiful and those tulips are to die for, the colours are so vibrant.

Looks like you and your students had a lot of fun in class recently but the best bit of this post is the very proud Mother part, there's nothing like seeing your kids do well.

Take care, Lin x

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful Spring flowers! Looks like you girls are having a blast :)

Candy C said...

Beautiful projects in your class and such a beautiful garden! Loved seeing those pictures. I planted tulips a few years ago and just when they were ready to pop...the deer nibbled them down to the nubs. Darn deer! :) Have a great weekend! <3 Candy

Elaine A said...

Linda -

Beautiful garden. It is so peaceful and so full of life and color. I love it!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day Linda, really hope it is special for you.

Elaine Allen

Kathie said...

The flowers are beautiful!! I love flowers but hate to weed. So, not too many flowers at my house. I have one jasmine bush that's huge and a gardenia that is in full bloom. Love the scents when I walk past!

I love the look of the chunky ATC's! You have such good ideas.
Glad to hear the day was awesome and ended with great music!

Lynn Stevens said...

I have those same color tulips in my yard, they just opened, Love them! Your class looked like so much fun.
Have a lovely mothers day!
hugs Lynn

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I adore your garden! beautiful! SOunds like a wonderful time and you should be very proud of your son!