Thursday, July 13, 2017

Lucky Patina Bottle

This fun bottle is created in just a couple of very easy steps. 

Really!

It starts with any plain glass bottle. This one I found at a local craft shop.

I started by painting it with Heavy Black Gesso. I didn't paint the stopper
as I like how it looked all by itself. 


I mixed several colors of the Mica Flakes in a lid. Then I covered a section
of the bottle with Soft Gloss Gel. 

While the gel is still very wet, I roll the bottle in the mixture of Flakes.
Continue until the entire flat surface of the bottle is covered.

Those areas that you cannot reach are added by dropping the flakes onto
the glued section and lightly patting them down.


This is what you end up with when it dries. It doesn't have to be 
completely covered.

Now you start adding the Patina and Rust Pastes. I only used the Orange Rust
Paste here, but you can do whatever you like for results of your choice.


I added a Mechanical Label on a bit of antique chain, and it's done!

I told you it was really easy, and it can be duplicated many 
different ways.


Enjoy and Have Fun!!!

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

6 comments:

Sandie said...

This is a fabulous idea !!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing - I will give it a go myself. Cheers

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Yaoza! Fabulous! Thank you for your tutorials.

Linda M. Cain said...

Perfect! Have fun.💜

Linda M. Cain said...

You're very welcome. Thx for the kind words of encouragement. It makes it all worthwhile 💜

mamablitger said...

Linda.... I always wonder where do you get it from .... the inspiration, the ideas, the energy and even time to share doing lovely tutorials. Gosh you are so talented ! I LOVE and ADORE your art.
Thank you for being so generous sharing and to keep on inspiring your followers.
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Linda M. Cain said...

Thx for stopping by and leaving s comment. They mean a lot Monica. 💜