Monday, July 31, 2017

A Tombstone Patina Witch!

Tombstone #2 coming at ya!

This one was really fun because I used the
 Patina and Rust Pastes on this project.


I started with some Stone Effects Paste Concrete that I just
slathered on with a plastic knife.

Thinking I was going to add something in the middle, I left
a clear spot in the center.

(I added the Dia De Los Muertos Cat for fun here in the picture.)


After this dried, I added some Patina and Rust Pastes.

Note the high points have the Brass Patina lightly 
brushed on.


I cut a circle of chipboard to make the vintage photo more stable
on the piece, and glued it in place with a heavy body gel.

The Spooky Trees and Word Scrolls were painted with
 the Patinas and the Steampunk Gear with some Metalliques.


I outlined the Bats, Witch Hat, and Broken Fence with 
white Sharpie pen.

The Halloween Paper Cut Word is layered onto a piece of scrap 
black matboard.


Lots of things to check out here, and so many possibilities to create.

I hope you're inspired to play. Would love to hear
your questions or thoughts. 

So get going and check out the great links below to the

Your Friend in ART, 
Linda

Products Used from RCAG:

1 comment:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So awesome!!! Love love love the way you used the trees!