Friday, March 10, 2017

Tree of Life Door Shrine

This Tree of Life Shrine is a combination of several products and elements. 
It's using an ATC size shrine from 
Retro Cafe Art as the base.


Using 2 different Iron Orchid Designs Moulds, Escutcheons 2, Keyholes, and paper clay, I created the 3 pieces below. When dry, I added the new Finnabair 
Patina Effects Pastes and the Brass Moth.  These will be the front and side embellishments. 

Pretty cool.


The door has Steampunk Copper, Wild Fuchsia, Pink Blush, and Dark Velvet Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints painted on with a sponge. The Small Pebble Stone Stencil and a white pen create the insides of the shrine.


The vintage knob from my collection was painted with clear gesso and the patina pastes. I also added a script stamp with archival black ink all around the outsides.


The Mini Gold Scalloped German Dresden is used as trim around the edges. A large advertisement stamp was used on the back. I love vintage stamps. The detail is amazing.


I glued the Fancy Brass Moth to the large mould, and painted a wooden ball with the new Dragons Eye acrylic paint Sparks. It shines with the same color as the brass moth.


The unfinished wooden legs were painted and glued on with Heavy Body Gel.


This side view shows how bright the Metallique paints are when the light hits them.

Just a little bit of glue puts the box together, and the elements are added with Heavy Body Gel.

Here's a little secret. I didn't have enough gold Dresden to finish all the areas I wanted. So I used Silver Mini Scalloped Dresden and painted it with 2 colors of Metallique paints. Perhaps you can tell which side is the painted Dresden, and perhaps you can't....it doesn't really matter, does it?  What do you think?


For inside the Shrine, I used a Medium Baroque Chipboard Cameo frame and the Pastes again. Here are the 4 steps to creating this effect with the 3 colors of the pastes. Really easy. Then I glued the vintage photo to a wooden block and added it to the inside. It fit perfectly!


This is the open door of the Shrine. Hard to get a good picture inside, but I tried. It kind of washed out the true color.


This project is really pretty easy to put together, and it's adorable on a shelf. You can store ATCs in it, a small gift, or a treasured vintage item if you choose not to add the vintage girl inside. 

The possibilities are endless.

I hope you're inspired to create, ask me any questions you want, and show me your projects!

Linda

5 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

So cool! Love what you decided to do on the inside! xoxo

Kim Collister Studio said...

Gorgeous Linda! Love the advertisement stamp and the door knob you added, not to mention the fabulous colors and patina! So much to Love here! 🌻🌸🌹🌷

Gina Bloyaert said...

Hey Linda,
What a beautiful creation love iT.
Mvg Gina Belgium

Anonymous said...

hi Linda I enjoy your work Norm Pagels Davenport, Iowa USA

Redanne said...

I came over from Finnabair's post to see more of this project. It is an absolute stunner Linda, the patina on the elements looks amazing!