Friday, February 13, 2015

Adore Canvas Collage on the Finnabair Blog

Time for another post for the Finnabair Creative Team on 

I love Vintage...vintage clothes, buttons, trims, pictures....you name it I love it. So this is a tribute to a lovely little Lady in a magical setting.


I start with a 5x5 stretched canvas.


I lathered on the White Crackle Paste in a heavy pattern. The way this stuff crackles is totally amazing. I let it dry for a day and made sure by using a heat tool just in case. It was really thick.

Next I added Modeling Paste using the Checkered Stencil.


I sprayed some Walnut Ink onto the canvas and let it seep into the cracks, then I removed it in areas with a baby wipe.

 I painted touches of interference glazes to areas.  Using a sponge square, I added some Sepia Archival Ink to the edges and stenciled areas. 


Feeling brave, I sprayed several Dylusions sprays onto the canvas and sealed with a spray. There’s a thin line between brave and foolhardy, and I believe I crossed it. So, I set out to “fix” this little setback.
 I added 2 layers of Heavy White Gesso, and liked the results! Then a bit more Sepia Archival ink with a sponge. 


The next layer is black Archival Ink added with a sponge square. Then more Gold Interference Glaze. You can really see the shine and contrast of black ink here as well as the colors coming through. 


I added more Sepia and Black Archival Inks to the top and edges and gold to blend in. Then out comes the STAMPS! Fill in areas here and there with some black accent stamping using Sunrise Sunset #4 set.


I started to lay out the elements of the collage. I added Green-Yellow Inka Gold and Copper paste to the Pendant and Key

The Adore word had been painted and stamped, but needed to have more color to stand out, so I painted it Blue and added some Gold paste to the edges. 


This detail shot shows the incredible cracks created with the Texture Paste. 


I used Vintaj Patina paint on the Mechanical Leaves and cut a vintage picture for the center of the Pendant.  You can see the shading added here with pens and sparkle on the flowers with White Art Sugar.


The painted bird is from Retro Cafe Art and he sits atop a Medium Mechanical Flower that has Copper Micro Beads added with Soft Gloss Gel.

The peach colored flower sits atop another Medium Mechanical Flower.


And since I was lucky enough to receive my new box of goodies before this was finished, (YAY!) I added the wonderful Blush and Black Micro Beads, plus a sprinkling of Violet Glass Glitter. I think it's my new favorite glass glitter color.

Glue it all together with some 3D Gloss Gel, add 3 clear Rhinestones, and you're done! 

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions. Be sure to click on the links below for product information.

Your Friend in ART, 

Linda

Products Used:
Sunrise Sunset #4 Clear Stamp Set

Other Finnabair Products soon to be in stores:
Violet Glass Glitter
Black, Blush, and Copper Micro Beads

Other Products Used:
Retro Cafe Art Gallery - Birds, Valentine Word Cut Outs-Adore, Antique Brass Heart Key.

11 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Stunning!!

Caty said...

It ´ s just amazing!! gorgeous! big hug

Judys Lace Creations said...

What a lovely art piece.

Lizzy Hill said...

That's a LOT of crackle paste & a LOT of patience to get it dry!!! Oh! And I can just imagine the hand hovering with 'will I?...... Won't i?'....... Then you DO it & wish with all your soul you had NOT done it!!!!!!!! But I reckon gesso is the BEST fixer upper!!! And if white doesn't work, I've been known to resort to black!!!!!anyways, off track. LOOOVE the result. It's beautiful:):)

Kirsten said...

Just stunning! I love the crackle, it looks amazing.

Gio said...

Wow, I'm in awe, this is truly a masterpiece. Love every details!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful canvas - richly textured, fabulous colour, and terrific design.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Stunning ... I actually liked your original stained glass look but not for the vision you were going for here and thank goodness for GESSO!

Cocofolies said...

Wow, wonderful canvas!!! All the details are gorgeous, thanks for great the step by step too!

Art By Wanda said...

This is awesome, Linda!!!!!!!!!!

Anna said...

Such a skillful use of products, but your experience, talent and eye for composition would make any medium look good! The composition is just right in my opinion - nice use of space on the left. It takes the eye on a pleasant journey. Thank you for sharing this!