Monday, April 14, 2014

A Masculine Good Wishes Tag


Sometimes it's hard to create a tag that's good for a man or a boy.
 
I think this one is perfect for that guy that you want to wish a Happy Birthday to, or just send along a Wish for them in a life event.
 
 
This starts with a smaller #5 Manila Tag and a swipe of White Gesso in the center.

 
 When it was dry I added Distress Inks. Then I dripped water onto the Inks and let it puddle before blotting it off.
 
The next layer is stamps. Orange Blossom and Sepia Archival Inks are used with the Checkered Stamp from SCF07.
  
 
The Black Embossing Paste and the Latticework Stencil are applied in 3 sections and left to dry. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contrast!
 
The Classic SCR02 stamp and Sepia Ink fill in background and the sentiment is stamped in Jet Black Archival ink.
 
 
I painted White Gesso onto a scrap of Manila Cardstock and let it dry. Then I stamped the King Chess piece from SCR018 in Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and embossed with Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder.
 
I added the same stamp over the top of the blue stamped image with black archival ink slightly to the right.  Last I stamped the same stamp one more time to the right and down a bit with Sepia archival ink. Heat set each stamping, and cut out the image. It's added with black foam squares.

 
 
The tag is layered onto black mat board and the Gold Mini Corners are pinched onto the two bottom corners. I used my jewelry pliers and they go on easily.
 
The 2 Arrows are glued into place and the Gears and Mini Gears fit slightly under the Chess King.

 
 I could have added white pen marks around the edges, but I wanted to keep it clean and simple.....so I stopped. It was hard for me, but I stopped.
 
You could also add more gears.....but I held back and stopped.....it was difficult...but I stopped!
 
Check out the products below for links to Inspiration Emporium, use my code iecain81 for 10%off your order, and give it a go for your guy.
 
Linda
 
Products Used:

7 comments:

barbarayaya62 said...

I'm the first!!!!!!!!!!!! LOve this tag, love the colors, love the background with gesso! Fab!!!! BArbarayaya

Lisa H said...

Good restraint Linda, it's perfect! =)

Jackie PN said...

Love the color choices and the swipe of gesso in the center really makes that a great focal! Cool!

Lori said...

That contrast is spectacular! Love the black and white with the colors! Those arrows are so cool.

Cocofolies said...

Great tag Linda, quite unusual, thanks for sharing as usual! Crafty hugs, Coco x

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is a gorgeous tag, the colours look great. I would have been tempted to add white pen around the outside too, but you were right not too, it's perfect as it is.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.