Sunday, November 18, 2012

Silver Metal Snowflake Tag

I'm finally here to show you what I made with my new shipment of goodies from Inspiration Emporium!
 
This is a #10 Manila Tag that I used 2 Texture Fade embossing folders on....the new Holly Branch and the Snowflakes from Christmas Background and Borders.
 
First run the Holly Branches and then carefully add the Snowflakes a few at a time around the tag.
 
 
Then I spritzed the tag lightly with water.
 
 
 
Now you can see why I embossed first. Because you add the Distress Stains over certain areas you want to have specific colors. Here I used Broken China, Pine Needles, and Dusty Concord.
 
I also had a little Mini Mister with a long-forgotten formula of a light reddish color that I spread around to fill in the vacant spots.
 
This is a very watered-down, muted colored tag right now. So......
 
...... I added various shades of the same colors to the tops with Distress Inks. Lightly brush the colors over the embossed areas especially the edges.

 
Here I added Glue n' seal with a small brush and then layered on Distress Stickles Dry Glitter to the snowflakes.
 
I used a heavier outline on the Holly Leaves to add more dimension.
 
(Just a note here...see the space right above the snowflakes on the right? It was too bare for me, so I drew in one more Holly leaf, flipped it over and hand embossed it, and you'd never know the difference!!!!)
  

 The Christmas Red Ice Stickles color in the Berries....add a few of your own here and there.
 
I used a White water-based pen to outline and a brown Sharpie to paint in the branches. 


 
The Crinkle Ribbon is spritzed, crumpled and dried then tied into a bow at the top.
 
I always like to glue my tags to chipboard for stability...here I used brown chipboard for a change.

 
 
The Snowflake Sixxlit was used to cut a strip of 12" of Metal Foil Tape and another piece of cardstock.
 
I adhered the metal to the cardstock and added Stream and a bit of Gold Metallic Alcohol Inks with a brush.
 
The Distressed Doily Die was used on Crinoline for the circular doily. I matched the edge to create a turn that rounded out the doily. A little tricky, but it can be done!
 
 
 
And now for the Snowflake center. You can see it's also run through the Vagabond with the Cracked Texture Fade...my favorite!
 
This angle shows a bit of the Gold Metallic Mixative that is on some of the edges.

 
I folded this snowflake the opposite of the way you're supposed to so the longest tips laid flatter and gave more of a pointed area to paint with the inks.
 
It's all up to what you personally like.
 
Enjoy the weekend....and Create ART!

 
Linda
 
Products Used:
Tim Holtz - Sizzix Sizzlits - Snowflake Rosette
Tim Holtz - Sizzix - Distressed Doily
Tim Holtz - Alcohol Inks - Stream and Metallic Gold Mixative
Tim Holtz - Distress Stains - Dusty Concord, Broken China, and Pine Needles
Tim Holtz - Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Broken China and Pine Needles
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Crinkle Ribbon
Ranger - Inkssentials - Metal Foil Tape
Ranger - Ice Stickles - Christmas Red
Ranger - #10 Manila Tag
Ranger - Glue n' seal
 uni-Posca - White Ultra-Fine pen
White Crinoline Material
Brown heavy Chipboard




14 comments:

Neil said...

Lots of beautiful details going on there, love the snowflake. Thanks for sharing.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Absolutely Fabulous! love the idea of embossing an extra holly leaf, and all the details...may have to "borrow" your fab snowflake idea :) Thanks for showing
x

Theresa said...

Love this!!! Those rosettes are my favorites!!!

SusanK said...

Wow, so much detail...it's just gorgeous!

Shelly Hickox said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! Love the way your mind works!

Kaz Hall said...

FABULOUS!!! love the metal snowflake.....such a great idea!

Netty said...

Gorgeous tag Linda, fab embossing and love you have improvised with your own holly. Annette x

Vic said...

A true beauty!

Jen Crossley said...

Lovely Linda your one of a kind xxx

Debby said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the instructions. Not sure if have the time to create this but it is really cool!

Lori said...

Cool stuff Linda! Definitely going with metal for the snowflakes, makes for an awesome decoration!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Linda, it's been a while since I browsed through my blog list favorites. Your work is inspiring as usual :) I really love those snowflakes! Beautiful beautiful job! They look magical :)

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sara j said...

That snowflake is to die for...no pun intended...well, okay, kinda.
I LOVE the snowflake die, use it all the time, but this version stopped me in my tracks. It is gorgeous.....It's so cold, and icy, and elegant. Just beautiful.