Monday, April 2, 2012

WATERCOLORS and Time to Play

This months challenge is WATERCOLORS at the Inspiration Emporium blog.

REALLY?????

Make My Day!


   Enter to WIN a $50 shopping spree!!!



This is a section of  the end product....but let's start at the very beginning.....(just saw the Sound of Music, can you tell?)




I started by spritzing 2 pages of my Pentalic Aqua Journal with water.

Each page is about 5x8 inches of 140 lb. watercolor paper.

Then I sprayed several colors of Dylusions Ink Sprays while still wet.

This large Stencil from Plaid is then laid over the top and sprayed with the GORGEOUS Crushed Grape spray.

These sprays are EXTREMELY vibrant, and wonderfully transparent!!!



Here I used the same stencil and added Snowcap White paint dabber.

It is still going to pick up color from the sprays...so that's how you get this terrific blending of color!




Then the fun begins!

I added Tissue Tape in several areas from the new Commute and Journeyman.

The colors are so wonderfully bold that they show through the translucent tapes. LOVE it!

I stamped some Dylusions Around the Edge stamps with Archival Jet Black Ink, and added the word PLAY with Foam Stamps.

Then the fun with the pens begins...the white and black pens take off and just doodle!



I stamped the word  TIME and  1 2 3 4   from an old clear stamp set and just kept adding layers around it with black and white pens. It also picks up the colored spray into the white. SO COOL!

The Flourish doodle is hand drawn and embellished as well with pens.






Still needing more to the background, I added more white pen at the bottom and started to frame the tickets and PLAY with black pen marks.


White dots on the word PLAY make it stand out a little better.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tim's new Mixed Media Stamps set!!!

I used two of them here with Coffee Archival Ink to layer more and fill in the background.

The Chicken Wire one is my Ultimate Favorite!




This shows the other kind of Woven background over the orange and a scattered dots stamp.




The little back designs along the bottom are foamies.

I outlined them again to make them stand out.

Then I used my new Distress Markers to color in areas with darker colors.

This makes the images jump out more creating a shadowed effect.

The 5 cent stamp is from Tim's new Remnants set.


This closeup detail shows the added row of circles under the border stamped images.


You can also see how the white pen turned blue with the pigment from the black pen underneath.

I think that is so COOL!



This is the open pages from the journal.

You have to click on it to enlarge to see the detail.  It's so wide, this is as big as I can show you here.

So get out your Watercolors, Sprays, Pens and Inks and just explore with what you have.

Try this same technique on a tag, cardstock, or watercolor paper.

It's just a piece of paper....remember?

Your Friend in ART,

Linda
Products Used:
Dylusions Stamps - Around the Edge
Tim Holtz Stamps - Mixed Media and Remnants
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape - Commute and Journeyman
Tim Holtz - Distress Markers - various colors
Ranger - Archival Inks - Coffee and Jet Black
Ranger- Snowcap Acrylic Paint Dabber
Sakura - White Medium Gelly Roll Pen
Zig - Pure Black Calligraphy Pen
Stabilo - Write-4-all black peremanent pen
Sharpie - Poster Paint Extra Fine Point Waterbased Marker (discontinued)

Still only $5 shipping on everything in the US at Inspiration Emporium!!!

21 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous, Linda!!! I love that you stepped it out and explained how you built up so much texture and interest. This is a fantastic example of art journaling!! Too cool.

Sarah said...

Fun with a major F. Fabulous colours and great to see you doing your pages all Dylusional but totally Linda style!

ann said...

OH WOW I adore the beautiful bright vibrant colours...amazing pages xxx

ellen vargo designs said...

Once again... blowing me away! Love your pages! xxx

Jen Crossley said...

OMG Linda is there nothing you cant do.You are so talented,so admire you
Jen

Effy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Art By Wanda said...

Totally Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

just shakin' my head......shakin' my head!

Helen said...

This looks fantastic!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun just incredible,those colours are just out standing,and the words and oh everything is just amazing Hun,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

ESS said...

Fabulous pages, Tim's chicken wire stamp is also one of my favorites. I too am always saying to people "it's just a piece of paper" Love your choice of colors.

Sue said...

Here from Dyan's FB link.

Wow oh wow just doesn't seem to do this justice. So many cool elements to look at. A true deast for the eyes!

Candy C said...

Linda....these pages are just AMAZING! OMG...I am tired just looking at them...with all the detail!!! They look fantastic! I love all of your background that you've created and the stamping, freehand and doodling you've done is just so dang cool! You are such a talent! <3 Candy

Eloise said...

So gorgeous! Love the colors, the doodling and the new Tim Holtz stamps you used. You are so talented.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing how you did each layer, very helpful, as I am layer challenged. lol. Beautiful pages, I really love how the black and white makes everything pop off the page!

Nancy said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! Very, very cool!!!

Debby said...

This is amazing!!! Love all of the colors.

Michelle Webb said...

Another outstanding pair of journal pages Linda. This is really brilliant. Michelle x

Marjie Kemper said...

Sorry, hon.... where's that LOVE button?????? Seriously... it's all amazing with the built up layers of colors, stencils, stamps.... I just totally love it!

Martina said...

What a brilliant vibrant work. Fantastic colours and design!

Dear Linda, I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Easter and a few nice days!
Hugs MARTINA ♥

Anonymous said...

I like reading a post that will make people think. Also, many thanks for allowing me
to comment!