This is the end result of lots of days of playing with paint and ink.
If you were here several days ago, before we left for vacation, I started this watercolor journal page.
This is how it looked the other night, when I decided to STOP!
It's not easy to see in this format, so I'll show some of the details
If you look below, this was all white from a stencil and Snow Cap Paint Dabber.
I found these really fun little clear stamps from Inkadinkado in Florida that I rolled here and there using Dyan Reaveley's technique of not putting them on a stamp block. Works really well! (check out her blog for fabulous tutorials!!!)
I originally used Deep Purple Archival Ink over this spot....did NOT turn out well...WAY too bright and not a good color combo.
SO.....I painted over with white paint, that picked up some of the color, that was OK.
Then I added some water to Claudine's Altered Orange Studio Paint and gave it a wash.
OK, that looked better, then I added the stamping again with COFFEE Archival Ink..
YES!!!! Much better. If you don't like it, COVER IT UP!
Here I added lots of doodles with pens...White, Distress and Black Gel.
More ink around the letters and such.
You can see where I used a Dylusions stamp on the edge and just added more of the same squares to enlarge the area of checkerboard.
I LOVE these little birds that I found... too cute.
Some stamping with French Ultramarine Archival over the white paint.
Also added some color to the hand with a Distress Marker.
So in conclusion....this is what we started with...Distress Stains.
This was the middle with a few layers added.
And this is the end result. Hard to believe I TONED down the color with Walnut Stain spray, but you can see it in the closeups.
Be well and enjoy!