Sometimes we just need a little bit of color!
And sometimes we need a little bit of heat!
Today, both would be nice here.....the furnace quit working last night and it's only 62 degrees in here.
The repairman is on the way....at least it wasn't on a Sunday.
So, now for the color....you're asking yourself, is that thing REALLY that bright?????
And the answer is a resounding YES it is! The colors are gorgeous in person.
So we've all had that wonderful LARGE fragment stashed away somewhere, just waiting for a project to add it to, right?
Well get out your Alcohol Inks and lets get started.
You've seen the technique before, but if not, here goes.
Select a few colors you would like to work with. Use a combination you like. I'll tell you what I used for this project.
1. Using Alcohol Inks apply Wild Plum, Bottle, Espresso and Eggplant Ink with an ApplicatorTool and Felt to the Large Fragment.
2. Using a dabbing motion, add inks in a pleasing pattern.
3. Let dry and add more until you like the color combination. The darker colors blend and bleed. And the 2nd application makes the gorgeous backruns.
4. Take a detailed stamp and stamp onto Alcohol Inks with Jet Black Archival Ink. Here I used the Flapper Fashion set from Artistic Outpost.
5. Immediately blot ink with soft cloth. Continue with CLEAN area of cloth until all black ink seems to be gone.
IMPORTANT: Always have a CLEAN spot to pick up the black ink or it will smudge your work.
6. Buff the area and the ink will all disappear and leave you a clear image of your stamp.
7. Apply Glossy Accents around the edge of the Fragment and glue to white cardstock.
8. Trim around Fragment when dry.
Faux Epoxy Sticker
9. Stamp onto Manila cardstock with Pine Needles using Papillon stamp set from Tim Holtz. Heat set with Heat It Tool. Trim around words as you like in curved fashion.
10. Add Old Paper Distress Ink all over the Manila paper. Use black permanent marker around the edges.
11. Cover paper with Clear UTEE. The Distress Ink will act as an embossing ink and grab the UTEE. Heat with Heat Tool until it is completely embossed. Repeat if you like it thicker.
12. Add the phrases to the front of Fragment layering up with chipboard.
13. Layer-up onto Core’dinations cardstock in various colors.
14. Add to front of card.
That's it for today. CHA is right around the corner....as soon as I can, I will upload some of my projects for Ranger and Tim.
They were so much fun to make this year. WAY, WAY over the top in some cases.
Can't wait to show them to you!!!!