This is a project that was in the Ranger Booth at CHA.
And it was one of my favorite pieces to make. So if you want a bit of a tutorial, sit down, get a cup of coffee, and enjoy the ride.
1. First you spray a Black ATC with Ink Refresher. Rub it in. Seriously. And then crumple it up really tight. Open it up and flatten out.Spray it with Blue Patina and Sour Apple Perfect Pearls Mist. Dry with the Heat It tool. You can also use the powdered Perfect Pearls as well here.
2. Color a Kraft ATC with Picket Fence Distress Stain on one side and Chipped Sapphire on the other. (The Chipped Sapphire looks almost black in the picture.) Dry. Spray with Pewter on dark side and Perfect Bronze PP Mists on lighter side.
3. Cut an X on the Kraft ATC diagonally about 1/4 inch from the corners. Roll open the 4 sections over a pen or paintbrush exposing lighter side. Glue to Black ATC on the edges.
4. Paint thin layer of Gesso onto Shrink Plastic. Let dry. Stamp Papillon stamp and Artful Eye with Archival Jet Black ink and LIGHTLY heat set. Trim. Punch hole for piece with butterfly. Shrink with Heat It tool.
5. Paint color onto plastic with Distress Stains Wild Honey, Broken China, Pine Needles, Chipped Sapphire, Pumice Stone and Dried Marigold and small brush.
6. Cut plastic packaging to 1 1/2 inch square and put into Memory Frame. Glue Artful Eye piece on top of clear plastic with Matte Medium. It looks like its floating in the center of the frame now.
7. Add Butterfly with a jump ring to the bottom of Memory Frame. Glue onto ATC center.
8. Layer onto black cardstock 2 3/4x 3 3/4 inches to display.
Here's a different angle of the piece. The Perfect Pearls really are gorgeous on the black paper.
Kind of different and quirky for a change!
AND there's a Monthly Challenge going on at Inspiration Emporium for a $50 gift certificate!!!! Check it out. PLUS a 20% off Sale as a Remembrance for the victims of 9/11 in the Newsletter. All the links are below for the products I used.
Hope you have a great weekend. The weather here is very cool. Not at all like just a week ago.
Be Well and Be Good to Each Other,
Ranager Products Used:
Distress Stains-Picket Fence, Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Broken China, Pine Needles, Pumice Stone, Dried Marigold.
Stamps-Papillon & Artful Eye, Archival by Stampers Anonymous