Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hope Everyone Had a Wonderful Thanksgiving


Hope everyone had a great holiday and are back on the road or home already anxious to start the new week....Ha!

Well, I for one, am ready to put Thanksgiving behind me. I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic on Thanksgiving day. BAD day...no turkey here. I just wanted Bill to shoot me. BUT, my DIL came and drug me back from the brink...she's a nurse and made me drink and eat. I was dehydrated and REALLY miserable.

Enough said of that......we had our dinner Friday. It was great. I actually cooked and ate a bit more than I ever thought I would. (Food is something I swore I would never have again on Thursday...seriously.)

Emma and I made Gingerbreadmen Banners, but of course, hers had to fly home before the camera could capture it. So this is all I could come up with that looked even remotely Thanksgiving-ish.

I'm really thankful Bill did not shoot me. I love my family more than they will ever know. And all my BLOGGER and ART FRIENDS make me happy. So Life (again) is Good.

Be Well....and Be Good to each Other!


One Desk Organizer kit left for in-US shipping.....that's it! Done and Thanks to all of you. We will have a giveaway as soon as my body gets back to normal....give me a couple of days.

Linda

13 comments:

Netty said...

I am so sorry you have been poorly Linda, to feel like that must have been postively dreadful. I really hope you feel a lot better soon. So take great care of yourself and don't overdo it. Hugs Annette x

cheryl said...

oh so sorry to hear you have been ill sounds awful,love cheryl x

Lori said...

Bleck! Two words - that sucks! Glad you are on the mend, Love your Thanksgiving piece there! I see TSS metal, and I LOVE it!

Rachel Greig said...

No fun being sick - hope you're back to your usual self soon :) And your pumpkins look great!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

i'm so happy you are feeling better! sorry to hear that you felt so bad :(.
beautiful metal piece! thanks for sharing and hope you have a fabulous week!
*hugs* steph :)

Helen said...

Such a shame you got sick, glad you are on the mend. Love your metal pumpkins!

Lynne Forsythe said...

STINK A ROOOONIE girl.....so glad they drug you back from the brink and didn't follow your orders!!! Love your METAL ART....AS ALWAYS!!1

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Linda
I am thankful you are ok after your reaction. I am allergic to 5 antibotics now...last one was in May 2010 and not fun.
Your metal art is gorgeous! Have a wonderful week!

Two Dog Pond said...

I'm quite Thankful that Bill didn't shoot you. The metal piece is beautiful... hope you're feeling back to your creative fabulous self soon!

Sharon said...

I understand, but sometimes, shooting ain't the cure no matter how you look at it. So glad to hear you survived that attack on your system. Drink lots of H2O and get better fast.

SusanK said...

Thank goodness for antibiotics! Sorry you were under the weather on Thursday. We actually like fixing/serving turkey the day or so after - lots less pressure and we can actually enjoy ourselves.

Debby said...

So sorry you were not well on Thursday. Drugs can be good and they can be bad. So glad you are feeling better! Need to finish putting my dots on the desk organizer. Last week was a bit crazy but I truly enjoyed the class as it helped to relax before the week of Turkey.

Elaine A said...

I'm so sorry you were not well Linda. What a lovely daughter-in-law you have. You just take care of yourself, we don't know what we'd do without you.

Elaine Allen