Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween Tag from Tim Design Team


Halloween is getting close, so get your stuff out and make some tags!!!!

Just a correction from the last post. The Ten Seconds Studio mold is a design from Magenta. Thanks Cheryl.

I've been saving this tag, hoping to get a better picture of the piece, to no avail. If you get the colors good, the sparkle is gone, and visa-versa. So you'll just have to use your imagination.

It's a Ranger Inkssentials Manila Tag with various Distress Inks to start with, Rusty Hinge- Dusty Concord- Black Soot, that's embossed with the Texture Fade folder Cobwebs. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mists, Perfect Copper and Kiwi.....can I just say....WOW! I LOVE these mists...a wayyyyyy cool product!!!

I lightly added the Black Soot DI to the embossed areas of the web for more contrast, then stamped the little spider from Hero Arts 3 times to fill space, and added Black Soot Distress Stickles.


Using Tim's Happy Halloween ticket stamp from Odds and Ends, I stamped on manila paper with purple ink, and embossed with clear Super Fine Detail powder. Then I sprayed the paper with Kiwi PP Mists. VERY cool when you see it in person, sparkly, getting a good picture is not easy.

I painted with a brush on the Ornate Plate using Alcohol Inks - Lettuce and Terra Cotta - until I got the level of color I was looking for.



The On the Fence die was used on heavy chipboard and Suze's Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel powders in Pearl, Black, and Bronze were added in layers. First coat with Pearl, and then sprinkle the other 2 colors in as you heat. It's a very cool look, I think! Add the fence and bookplate with foam squares. It picks up a blue hue in most pictures...this one shows how it's really more silver.

The Ornate On the Edge Die was punched for the bottom of the card. A reverse piece was cut from black cardstock and layered behind the tag. I edged with a Copper Kryon pen and added green rhinestones.

The piece of Chain Link was added to the Fragment Facet and Scared Pumpkin faces from Seasonal Paper Stash were glued with Glossy Accents to the back of the Facet. I liked the toggle on the chain for some reason, it looked menacing....so I added it to the chain.

Add some ribbon and you've got a fun tag for Halloween.

Have a great weekend. We'll be in Davenport, Ia for classes on Saturday at Scrapaganza, after a side trip up to Galena on Friday. Hopefully we'll get to LeClaire for some rummaging around on Main Street in the shops , too. Bill loves the Carmel Corn from up there.

Create ART!

14 comments:

SusanK said...

Yup, looks Halloween creepy to me! Love it!

Netty said...

Linda this is so fab am sure it glistens brilliantly. Loving the picket fence you have got a terrific look there with the various powders. Thank you for showing us your great tag.
Annette x

Daniele said...

Like Netty I think the picket fence looks great.....rustic, great spooky tag
hugs

francine vorbeck said...

AWESOME!!

Donna said...

Spooky fun!
Love your tag!

Hels Sheridan said...

TOTALLY.... spooook-tastic hun... this is AWESOME ... love it love it love it!!! x

Lori said...

Love, love, love it! That fence is spectacular with the UTEE, and I can just imagine the sparkle from the PP Mists, I bought that Kiwi on the cruise, can't wait to use it! This is an AWESOME tag!

Sonia said...

What a great tag Linda. Love the colour and textures. Especially like the little spider in the background. I think I'm going to have to get one of these for myself. :-) Sonia

Elaine A said...

What an awesome tag Linda! Spooky job!!

Elaine Allen

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous job on the tag!!! Have fun in Davenport... wish I could have been there this year :-((

Martina said...

Your work is oustanding!!! What a unique style you have.I love it!!!!

Susan said...

What an awesome tag! I love what you did with the fence.
Susan

jan metcalf said...

AWESOME!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome tag! Love how your fence looks so old! The entire tag is Spooky cool!