Monday, July 3, 2017

Waxes and Paper Clay Moulds are Amazing!

This was so much fun to make, and really, once you had it all glued onto the
plaque, it was easy to decorate.

I guess I collect wall hanging, plaques, etc, that can be altered or just
redecorated. It's a sickness. :)

This one was painted black with heavy body gesso first.


 Then I used Iron Orchid Designs moulds and paper clay to make pieces 
I glued on immediately after removing them from the moulds.

After it dries, I used Heavy Body Matte Gel to add some metal pieces,
a couple of resin keys, and Mechanicals.

Then completely cover it with Heavy Black Gesso.


After that dries, add Opal Magic, Antique Brilliance, and Metallique 
Waxes, from Finnabair, with your finger or a small brush.

I added a bit of Mica Spray to the whole piece as well and sprayed with
a sealer.

That's how simple it is.....really. The hardest part is getting it all
completely covered with the gesso!

Hope I've inspired you to play....

...and to my Fellow Americans, I hope you have a 
Safe and Happy 
4th of July!

Linda

4 comments:

Vic said...

Fabulous piece.

mamablitger said...

Amazing .... awesome... fabulous !!!! Love your steampunk projects.
Thanks for sharing. I always feel inspired by your art .....
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Fabulous ideas!

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

OMG! Love it Linda!