Friday, April 14, 2017

My Angel Winged Lady

 I found these amazing plaques at a huge Craft Store in Minnesota while on vacation. I bought several.

This transformation is probably the most remarkable of them all.


I covered the plain kraft-colored base with a combination of Stone Effects Paste-Pumice, Mini Art Stones and Texture Powder.

Then I glued the paper clay Iron Orchid Design moulded pieces in place.


When they were dry, I added a layer of clear Texture Crackle to the surface. Next glazes in brown and grey are painted on making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.  This shows the piece dry. I took a baby wipe to the moulds and toned them down to create much lighter areas of contrast with the crackle.


I have several types of brass wings from Retro Cafe Art Gallery. I like to tone down the brightness by aging them with a bit of  Pewter Black patina and then buffing them with a Detailing Block to raise the shine.

I chose the Large Brass Angel Wings in the upper right for this piece.


Finnabair sent us 3 of her new Mechanicals sets and they were calling my name to be added in the open areas of the plaque.

The Patina Pastes are easily added with an alcohol ink colored rhinestone glued to the centers of the Metal Lotus. I rolled the petals a bit with a jewelry tool.

Metallique Paints and Waxes are used to brighten spots, but are hard to see here. Turning the project in the light makes a big difference.


The Cameo has copper Micro Beads set in a Vintage Trinket.

Mores waxes on the raised areas of the Pumice stone pick up some shine. It's all glued together with Heavy Body Gel. Amazing stuff.


That's it for today. I hope you'll be inspired to play, and please let me know what you think. As always.....

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

Iron Orchid Design Moulds - Escutcheon I and II, Keyholes
Resin Cameo
Texture Paste - Clear Crackle
Stone Effects Paste - Pumice
Mechanicals - Metal Lotus
Metalliques Acrylic Paints - Rusty Red, Rich Turquoise
Micro Beads - Copper
Memory Hardware - Vintage Trinket-Strasbourg
Vintage Brass Keyhole
Acrylic Paint - Paynes Grey
Large Clear Rhinestones
Alcohol Ink
Antiquing Glaze
Pewter Black Metal Finishing Solution

11 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely stunning, wonderful transformation. Happy Easter. Tracy x s

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW, WOW and WOW stunning. Just gorgeous.

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you so much. 🌺

Linda M. Cain said...

Tracy! Thank you so much.🌺

Jackie PN said...

Linda!!!
Absolutely Outstanding!!
Such a gorgeous make Linda- Bravo!
Jackie xo

Heather said...

I love everything about this, Linda! Thank you for sharing such a magical creation. xox

Linda M. Cain said...

Thanks so much my friend!❤️

Linda M. Cain said...

You're too sweet. It's always my pleasure to share. ❤️

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! So much yummy texture!! Love those patina pastes.
Kate

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Your are the mold queen!!! xoxo

robin dudley-howes said...

just had to stop by after seeing the post on retro cafe..love this piece!