Friday, April 29, 2016

Loaded Chipboard Tags

You've heard of Loaded Baked Potatoes? 
Well, these are my Loaded Chipboard Tags
for my Design Team post
from 

So let's take a tour through the shop and pick up some fun
pieces of ephemera to "load" onto 
our Tags!


I started with a set of
Chipboard Christmas Magic Tags
 that are just plain 3 3/4 x 2 inch tags with great designs cut into the bottom edges.

And all you have to do to get these magical background
shimmers, is paint on a few
Opal Magic paints from Finnabair.


 In order to get the gorgeous shine to show up in a picture,
you have to have light shining on it.

So this shows the contrast between the tag and the paint....and my
well-used kraft mat.


I decided to use 3 tags so I wouldn't put you to sleep,
but these 3 show you how the colors are easily
blended to create a rainbow of color.


I used Jet Black Archival Ink and stamped onto the tags.


It works perfectly on the paints.


I listed the products under each tag for your convenience.
(I'm always thinking of you.)

The Metalliques were used on the Cut-Out Masonite pieces,
and were glued on using Soft Matte Gel.

I did base coat the Masonite with Heavy White Gesso so the
colors show up really bright and clear.



This one has a Relics and Artifacts cherib
in the center I painted as well.

White pen marks just brighten it up a bit.




The little Hand Trinket Shrine front has a cute vintage
picture in it, and some white gesso stamping on the front.

The tiny Ornate Fleurs raise the Word Scroll up,
and the Heart Skeleton Key adds a bit more shine
using 2 shades of paints.


These are the stamps I used, and the colors of paints. Most of the
Metalliques are mixtures of a darker and a lighter
shade to create contrast.

I love how the Fresh Orange and Royal Red blended for
a gorgeous color all it's own on the
dress form.

Finnabair Stamps - Net and Wire, Now Is The Right Time, Rust to Dust
Finnabair Opal Magic Paints - Blue-Gold, Violet-Gold, Yellow-Blue, Rose-Gold
Finnabair Metalliques -  Rich Turquoise, Light Patina, Royal Red, Lime Peel, Fresh Orange, Dark Velvet, and Gold Rush
Finnabair - Heavy Black Gesso, Heavy White Gesso, Soft Matte Gel

So dig into your stash, and create some fun little tags that you
can send off for Mother's Day or add to a page or card.

Put 3 on a small canvas and you've got a wall hanging!!!

Linda

4 comments:

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Linda, these tags are captivating! Just gorgeous. Got to check out those paints, too!

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Great work Janny

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Such wonderful, creative tags! I love them all! xoxo

Chrissy said...

These are some of the most beautiful tags I've ever seen. I don't do tags but yours make me want to try them again!