Friday, November 27, 2015

Snowflake House for SYWA Vol. 6 with Finnabair

Today it's time for another
Spread Your Wings Academy vol. 6
over on the
Finnabair Blog.

Mine is here, too, but there's 3 more you'll want to see over there using some
of our
favorite products.


I chose Snowflake Paste.


I start with a plain wooden birdhouse from
 Hobby Lobby that I painted with 


Using the Grungy Grid stencil I added 
Snowflake Paste to the roof. 


When dry, I sprayed with a few Mica Powder+Water Sprays
 for a bit of shine.


Here you see the sides with several colors. 
The black Gesso makes them come alive.
 The bottle shown is Opal Magic Gold in water.


I added more Snowflake Paste with my finger
 to have it look lumpy like real snow.


The Bottle Brush Trees and Tiny Wreath are amazing when you add
 the paste to them.
For a little bit more sparkle,
I sprinkled a bit of White Art Sugar over the paste.


cut out are decorated with Antique Silver Art Sugar
mixed together. 


Soft Gloss Gel in a bottle with a 
 is perfect for adding glue for the glitter. 


After painting more Tree cut-outs I added Snowflake Paste and the
  Wire Net Clear Stamp to the door with archival black ink.

Add as many embellishments as you like to your house.


This detail shot shows the sparkle in the Snow.


The Windows and Door were sprayed with 
Gold Mica Powder+Water Spray 
that gave a vintage or distressed look to the masonite pieces. 

The roof was trimmed with

I glued all the pieces on with 3D Matte Gel.

I hope you're inspired to get started on some decorations for the upcoming Holidays.
 As always, comments and questions are welcome!

Now jump over to
  Finnabair,
and see what Gayle, Athanasia, and Olga have to share!


Linda

1 comment:

Helen said...

Gorgeous Linda! I have been lurking but not leaving comments recently (sorry!)