Monday, November 10, 2014

Art Extravaganza Pocket Watch

The Finnabair Creative Team has a few projects over on the Prima Blog today. We're showcasing the Art Extravagance products.


They include Texture Pastes and Crackles. I think you're gonna love these products.


I popped the back off the Clock/Pocket Watch and painted the entire thing with Heavy Black Gesso.

Then I added Platinum and Copper Crackle Texture Paste.


Using Black Archival Ink and the Sunrise Sunset Stamp#3 set I stamped the back. I wanted a worn and vintage look so I didn't use an acrylic block, I just pressed the inked stamp gently leaving areas unstamped.


 I spread a layer of Graphite Texture Paste into the back of the Clock and ran a tool through it creating a pattern. Then I sprinkled 3 shades of Glitter around and added the Plum Glass Beads.  Let this dry.


The Small Clock Face is pushed into clear embossing ink and embossed with Verdigris Embossing Powder. Next I mixed 2 shades of paint to get the same color of turquoise, then I added it to the back in spots with a sponge.

The front of the clock has Copper and Platinum Texture Crackle randomly painted around. When it dried, I added some of the paint to break up the color. Both pieces were sealed with Soft Gloss Gel for a nice shiny finish. Cut out the Vintage photo of the girl and glue to the Clock Face.


The Crinkle Ribbon was colored with Distress Inks and stamped with the Sunrise Sunset#2 stamp. I used a Mini Flower, the Wings and a Star Brad to decorate the front. 


I broke up the color of the clock face with some Charcoal Art Sugar that I added with Soft Gel.

Glue you pieces together with 3D Matt Gel...it really works great!


This is just my 3 samples of the Texture Pastes...the Platinum, the Copper and the Graphite with the Glitter added. I used Distress Inks on the Crackle when dry for a richer color.

Be sure to check out the other Team Members projects over on the

Hope you enjoyed this step-out. As always, ask questions and let me know what you're up to!

Linda


Other Products: Vintage Photo, Jet Black Archival Ink, Vintage Picture, Crinkle Ribbon, Distress Inks, Acrylic Paints, Embossing Ink, Verdigris Embossing Powder and a Copper Brad.

11 comments:

Maremi's Small Art said...

Simply amazing ! Just looooove it

Helen said...

Stunning, Linda!!

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous Linda! Really love this style!

Unknown said...

Superbe
Bravo
Oceo

Lori said...

Pure awesomeness!

nanou49 said...

looove it !so gorgeous! bravo!

Marjie Kemper said...

P is for Pinning... which I shall do right now so I can admire this beauty again and again! What a GORGEOUS creation, Linda. Love it!

fyrefly said...

Fab as usual !

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous piece of art Linda. Tracy x

Lisa H said...

this is so beautiful Linda!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda - wow - so very gorgeous. What an awesome piece - and thanks for the instructions too!