Thursday, July 3, 2014

Gothic Arch Triptych

It's been quite awhile since I've created something with
 
This project was so much fun, and the background is full of layers of color!
 
 
 
I started with a Large  Lace Quatrefoil Gothic Arch Triptych  and 4 colors of acrylic paint...I used Fresco Paints, Lilac, Pansy, Very Berry, and Mermaid.
 
I sponged the colors on in a real random pattern, and blended here and there.

 
Then I used white acrylic paint and sponged on the Butterflies with a stencil. I added some Chickenwire stamping with Smoky Gray archival ink.


The Girls are fussy cut and glued in place. The Hearts are painted with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint. They're the inserts from the Gothic Scroll Window Cut-Outs....never throw away a cool pieces of anything!!!
 
The Swallowtail Butterfly is actually a 7Gypsies Rubon that I applied to a piece of white paper and cut out....I was short 1 butterfly for the project, and this one worked perfectly!
 
The other Butterflies are cut from Collage Sheets.
 
 
I used Haystack and Autumn Fire Fresco paint on the Garden Insects with a bit of Squid for details.
 
Inka Gold is brushed over the flowers and edges for a bit of glitz. You can see a few bits of it on the girls faces as it shows up as specks.

 
 
This little gal had no color in her photo, so I used a bit of Zesty Zing to add the color to her flowers and headband. Since it's a translucent paint, you don't loose the details...pretty cool!
 
I also used touches of Distress Inks on the butterflies and a bit of paint for added color.
 
The flowers are small Lavender Roses and Prima Mini Roses.
 
When you're finished decorating the 3 pieces, you just add the golden rings that come in the kit, and you're done!
 
Click on the links to Retro Cafe Art Gallery and order up some products to play with!!!
 
Linda
 
Products Used:
Butterfly Stencil - Flutter
Mixed Media Stamp - Chickenwire
Inka Gold - Old Gold
Rubbings - Butterflies

6 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

This is such a gorgeous piece Linda! The colors and layers are perfect!

Helen said...

So glad to see you home from your travels and making beautiful art, Linda!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous, linda, wish we could get rca products in the UK but at least we have paper artsy!!

Lucy x

Linda M. Cain said...

Lucy,
Kristin ships to the UK all the time, and since everything is flat it can be shipped in an envelope that makes it cheaper. Seriously. xxx

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Linda. I love learning new things. I had to order some of those Fresco paints a while back. You are right - they are so nice to work with and a great base for stamping. Love everything you did here. Thanks for all the great photos. The links you add are very helpful. I can click to see the product and many times I'm like: Oh wow, now I get it. LOL

Martina said...

This triptych is really darling, Linda!
Fantastic creation (as always) :-)