Some people ask me how I get such vibrate colors. Here is a perfect example of the number of colors I use to get the depth of color.
I used 8 different colors of Distress Inks blending them into each other. With each layer you can see the color of the Manila tag fad so all you have is color. Deep, rich, color.
I started with black embossing paste and 2 stencils. Then I layered on the inks.
The next layer was the small stamps with great detail from the Adverts set, and the Chickenwire from Mixed Media. (Yes, it's probably my all-time favorite background stamp)
The Compass Coin and Curio Knob are added with the Label Pull that I found "imagination" fit perfectly in.
Just a little something extra at the bottom with the Arrow from Industrious Stickers.
I loved how the Collage Key worked with the theme of "artist" and "imagination" by saying "Stay Curious". Something I think you must do to keep growing as an Artist.
The key has several colors of Distress Paints dabbed on it to create an antique look.
I used the Rubs on the Numeral 3 after I'd added 3 colors of Ultra-Thick Embossing Powder, and another Rub underneath it.
Here you can see the Picket Fence paint stamping and Tarnished Brass on the embossed letters and chipboard.
I thought "artist" looked great on the side in the little File Tab.
The Naturals Trimming kept the tag in line with an earthy feel.
Inspiration Emporium is having a sale on MANY of the items listed below. Check out the links and use my code iecain for 10% off your order!
- Papers - Manila #8 tag
- Embellishments - File Tabs, Compass Coins, Collage Keys, Numerals, Corners, Curio Knobs, Trimmings Naturals, Label Pulls, Jump Rings, Chit Chat, Industrious Stickers/Borders
- Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Antique Linen, Festive Berries, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon.
- Stamps - Adverts, Mixed Media
- Stencils - Cargo and Bubble
- Distress Paints - Tarnished Brass, Antique Bronze, Brushed Pewter, Picket Fence
- Remnant Rubs - Numbers
- Archival Inks - Jet Black and Coffee
- Ultra Thick Embossing Powder - Gold, Bronze, Platinum
- Embossing Paste - Black