Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WICKED Gothic Tombstone

Another  Gothic Tombstone and some more Crackle!
 
There's still time to join the Swap...Tombstones due back to Kristin by Oct. 7th..

 
"Hello Honey, I'm HOME!"
    
 
I like to base coat with Fresco Paints and add Stamped backgrounds using Archival Inks.
 
The Wings have Black Diamond Ice Stickles on them. 

 
The added wings have Martha's Copper Glitter Glue on them.
 
The Spider's Web is pushed into Black Embossing Ink and Black Super Fine Embossing Powder is then added.
 
You can see the sheer white skull doesn't stand out well here, so I used a gray marker to add some shading.

 
The metallic leaves make the Purple Spiders jump out at you more.
 
 
 The Halloween Key with a Newsprint Word layered onto chipboard makes a great central attraction.
 
Here you can see the gray marker added shadow depth to the skull.

 
 The Viva Crackle is amazing stuff. I show you here how I blobbed it on to get the effect of the next picture.
 
 
 These are the backs of a couple of Tombstones and the backs of the pair of earrings I posted earlier.
 
See my earlier post on how to create this fun background.
 
Enjoy, and as always, ask me any questions you might have, and let me know what you think!
 
Linda
 
Products Used from Retro Cafe Art:
Other Products Used:
  • Ranger -  Big and Bossy Black Embossing Ink Pad, Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder, Jet Black Archival Ink,  Black Diamond and Purple Ice Stickles
  • White Sharpie Extra Fine Pen
  • Gray Tombow Marker
  • Black Chipboard
  • Metallic Die Cut Leaves
  • Martha Stewart Copper Glitter

10 comments:

Theresa said...

I love this!!

ionabunny said...

So gorgeous. I do so love this time of year

Anonymous said...

Marvelous skelly art. That crackle stuff is amazing, looks like melted chocolate. xox

Netty said...

I love Viva crackle and love your wonderful tombstone, Annette x

sam21ski said...

Wicked indeed

Sam xxx

Lori said...

Totally love the background! Stunning piece, as always!

Linda M. Cain said...

I know...I HATED to cover it up. I liked it just the way it was.....ha!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Such a cool piece Linda!!! I loved seeing the Viva in action! Thanks for that! xoxo

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!!!

mountaingirl1163 said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the textures & colors! Great job!