This is going to be a Red Lead post. Sharon and Chris sent me a whole box of wonderful goodies last month and I've finally gotten some time to give them justice.
So here we go!
I'm starting with the 8" tall Chipboard School House, The Wood Bit Framette-Adore, the Shapette-Fancy Flourish, and the Medium Wood Shapette-Blossom. The Altered Art Charm Dragonfly-Patina
will be used on the top.
I base coated the flower, the frame, the house and the flourish using Snowflake Fresco Paint and a Cut-n-Dry foam square.
Next I used Beach Hut all over it again. Then I added South Pacific all around the edges as a shadow.
I wanted contrast, so with a dry-brush technique only using the foam, I added streaks of Guacamole to the edges and down the middle trying to keep them straight.
I placed the Swirly Leaves Stencil over the house.
Then I added Irish Cream Fresco paint with the foam pad. The 2 wooden pieces had Autumn Fire and Smoked Paprika and a touch of Brown Shed painted on them.
The next part is so cool!!! I stamped the Vintage Butterfly background stamp 2 times with Jet Black Archival Ink. I LOVE this stamp!!!!!
Then I painted in the butterflies with a brush and Smoked Paprika paint. This paint is a Translucent paint so the stamping shows through...it is BRILLIANT!!!!!!
When it's dry, stamp the flowers from the Vintage Sewing Lesson collection using the Opaque paint Snowflake. Since it's opaque, it covers the underlying colors. Ya gotta love this paint!
I cut a piece of black chipboard the size of the frame and glued my Vintage Photo to it. This picture comes with the frame so it's PERFECT! Then glue the chipboard to the frame. This makes it studier to work with and less chance of the photo buckling if you glued directly to the house.
I like to layer my pieces onto black chipboard. It creates a framed look. So just use a ruler and draw about 1/4 " around the house and cut it out. Glue together with a sturdy glue.
I decided not to use the flourish. I just didn't need it. But the flower was stamped first with the Rose Tea Cup stamp and Coffee Archival Ink. I wanted more color, so I added the Button stamp from the Vintage Sewing Lesson set on each one of the petals using Jet Black ink.
The Patina Dragonfly was sanded using the Vintaj Metal Reliefing Block and polished to make the raised areas shine. I bent the wings upward a bit and glued him to the flower with a strong glue. I use Crafter's Pick - the Ultimate...it never fails me.
Last I added the Dresden Scrap Gold Scallop border.
I loved layering the paint and ink to make this background. It really is hard to cover it up sometimes.
Come back again and I'll share some more projects with you, and thanks so much for all the sweet comments. They let me know I'm not just talking to myself!