Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mixed-Media Tag : UPDATE for USA

So much fun using Fresco Finish Chalk Paints!!!!
 
I cannot say enough about them....this is a tag I made using them, and the PaperArtsy Ink and the Dog Mini stamps.
 
I'll lead you through the process.
 
UPDATE: Simon Says Stamp just got a BUNCH of Fresco Paints in and they have the Mini Stamps, too, for all of us in the USA! HERE
 
 
I applied the Fresco Paints with a piece of Cut-n-dry foam to a Manila Tag.
 
 
I used Mini 05, 27, 48, 60, and 62 stamps...LOVE them ALL!
 
Then I ran it through the Vagabond with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder...the Numbers are my ALL-TIME Favorite.
 


The next step is to sand off the high spots and edges. I also hit the low spots to add some scratches.



I had just gotten in my new stash of PaperArtsy Mini stamps, so I added bits and pieces of them with Jet Black Archival and Sepia inks.
 
Then I took to the sewing machine and did 2 different stitches around it.
 
I had to add it to Black Chipboard for stability and punch.

 
I've had these pieces of die cut chipboard forever from Framedangoes.
 
I pushed them into the black embossing inkpad, then dipped them into black UTEE.
 
It only picked up some of the UTEE, and that was PERFECT. Heat it, and add some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
 


The Gold Metal Sheet is stamped with Staz-On Jet Black ink and added to the back of the chipboard with Wonder Tape.
 
 
I took a piece of Smoothy Super Smooth Card and added Vintage Lace, Mocha Mousse, and Beach Hut FP. Be mindful of the spot you want the baby's face. Mini 05.
 
Stamp with Archival Ink and add a bit more of color with markers. Here they look a bit pinkish, but they're really light orange...honest.
 
Then trim with decorative scissors and edge with a bit of Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
 

 
Use Peacock Feathers and Ripe Persimmon Distress Stains on some Crinkle Ribbon, crunch it up, dry and tie in a bow.
 
Add the stamped image and Chipboard pieces with foam tape and a gold brad in each one.
 
That's it for today. Blogger has been on the fritz with uploading pictures for about 10 days...boo...so I had to use Picasa that takes much longer.
 
Hope you enjoy, and check out the links above!
 
Linda

12 comments:

Laura Spano said...

This is wonderful- so much depth, and the colors are wonderful. I'll have to check out those paints- I usually use Golden or Liquitex acrylics, but one can never have too much paint. Thank you so much for the tutorial.

Julie S said...

Beautiful colors and textures. I need to add that embossing folder to the ol' wish list, I see. Love it!

Helen said...

Beautiful colours, you have used some of my favourite Fresco colours here!! The embossed numbers look great. wonder where my folder is, lol!

Words and Pictures said...

Love that colour combo... what a fabulous tag!
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the background to your tag and that embossing folder is yummy too! there is an almost rusty feel to this colour combo..love it! trace x

yoursartfully said...

Just beautiful Linda.

Lin x

Debby said...

Beautiful. May have to check out those paints and stamps. Very cool!

Annette Green said...

Just beautiful, like everything you create! Love it!

Netty said...

Loving those fab colours and design Linda, xx

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful tag, Linda!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE THIS!!! Pinning!

Kate Yetter said...

So gorgeous, Linda! I love all the texture you made with the embossing, sanding and stitching! Its a beautiful piece that really showcases paperartsy! Love it!