Monday, December 17, 2012

My Christmas Card to All of You

I made a fun card with the new Mario Rossi Jr.'s gorgeous stamps, Christmas Blueprint from Tim Holtz.
 
This Snowman is just so stinkin' cute. I didn't think it would be so much fun!
 
This is on watercolor paper and stamped with Black Soot Distress Ink. Then it's embossed with Super-Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder.

Add caption
 
The background had water laid down around the snowman and Prussian Blue watercolor paint was added in layers.
 
Before it dries completely, you have to add regular Table Salt to create the little blue circles that dry in the paint. It's tricky, but can be done. Adding it at just the right time makes it happen.
 
I added many, many different colors of Markers...Distress and Tombow to the Snowman and background.
 
JOY was written on a Jewelry Tag and a bit of  Tea Dye Distress Ink added to the edges.
 
A White Pen was used to put a few drops of snow over the blue.
 
Christmas Red dots of Ice Stickles make the Holly stand out on the Hat, and a Candy Cane from Petaloo adds a bit of whimsy.
 
Layer it onto a layer of black and red cardstock, and then onto a tan card.
 
That's it for today, hope you enjoy! And a wonderful Holiday Season to All my friends of every religion.
 
Linda


21 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

A wonderful card, Linda! Happy Holidays to you and yours <3

Vic said...

How very cute!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A wonderful card!trace x

Helen said...

Oh he is so cute indeed! Happy Christmas to you and your family too. xx

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas.

krcmasterpiece said...

I Love it Linda! The snowman is incredible!

I hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fabulous Christmas card Linda! Love it!

CathyB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CathyB said...

Fun and fabulous as usual; I love what your creativity!! Have a "Wonderful Holiday Season" with your family and friends.

Cathy

Elaine A said...

Linda -

What a gorgeous little masterpiece! You've really brought him to life Linda. And I love your salt technique, I like to do it when I paint ocean scenes. It is very effective on your card. Gotta love that little snowman! Merry Christmas to you and your family Linda!!

Elaine Allen

Paula Cheney said...

Awesome card Linda..I love how the blue makes the snowman pop.
You are fabulous.
paula

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous card!!! Love the watercolor look!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I need to get out that stamp set and use it more - you are always such an inspiration to me!

Maria said...

Just beautiful!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Beautiful card Linda! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Michelle Webb said...

This is really gorgeous Linda. Michelle x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the background! It is so dreamy. Super card, too. Merry Christmas to you.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Linda! Love the rich colors and of course, that fabulous blue print fellow. Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays.

Marijane said...

Love your Christmas card... thank you! I want to try the salting technique just to see if I can master the timing of it all. I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Art By Wanda said...

A beautiful card, Linda!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a ((HUG)) too!!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful!