Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Be Thankful...Spread a Little LOVE.

Make a little iTunes cardholder for someone, or a moneyholder as a gift for just being a good kid, or a friend you're thankful to have.
 
I just felt like embossing, and embossing some more.....so here's what I came up with.
 
Make one with your own variations.
 
Start with a #10 Manila tag.
 
 
Emboss it with 2 Texture Fades from the Thankful Backgrounds and Borders set. The little one going on the very top of the tag.
 
 
Score and fold twice measuring in 3 1/2 inches in from the bottom and then one more time.
 
 
 
I rubbed Embossing Ink gently over the raised areas of the letters and leaves. I let it run over here and there, because it just did!
 
Then I sprinkled 3 colors of embossing powders - Lettuce, Red Pepper, and Butterscotch and heated it up. You can brush off in between the letters, but I like the affect of letting if bleed...so to speak.
 
The Swirl stamp from Urban Chic was added with Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed on the back section.
 
Then I added Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, and Spiced Marmalade all over the tag. Black Soot is on the edges.
 
Last the Chickenwire stamp from the Mixed Media collection was stamped using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

 
I used a black permanent Ultra-fine pen to outline all the letters.
 
 
Yes, the back is upside down...but that doesn't bother me. Turn it around and it's right side up...so it just depends on how you're holding it!  Ha!
 
 
 
I punched a hole and added the Hitch Fastener with three Chain Tassels on a Jump Ring.
 
AND the good news...the Hitchfasteners are coming back CHA 2013!
 
I've hoarded lots and lots of them!
 
I also added a scrap piece of Grungeboard on the back of the hole for support of the Hitch Fastener.
 
I trimmed about 3/4" off the bottom so it leaves space to slide the card in. Use Scor-it Tape on the sides to hold it shut.
 
So make a little gift wallet for someone you're Thankful to have around.
 
Linda
 
 
Products Used:

7 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

What a fabulous idea...I see plenty of gift cards as Christmas gifts!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!

Theresa said...

Love this idea and how you colored it. Wish Tim would come out with a birthday embossing folder like this. Great envelope for a gift card. thanks as always for sharing.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Margaret Mifsud said...

What a fabulous idea and a lovely project. Great for Christmas gift cards. thank you! xoxo Marg

Tolegranny said...

I love this idea. Just have to make some. Thanks for the inspiration this blog brings.

Candy C said...

Really pretty way to use a tag! Love all of the stamping, coloring and embellishing. So pretty! <3 Candy