Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thanks Everyone...I had a great day!

First of all.....thanks to everyone for all the wonderful Birthday wishes yesterday.

I was completely blown away on FaceBook!


I was out and about having lunch with Bill, shopping for garden ideas, enjoying the day and I came home to a real treat in the mailbox!




So for the rest of the day I got to play and Bill watched the ball games.

I posted a bad picture of this on FB.

Then I had a few questions about how I did this, so I thought maybe I'd do a post on what I used...this is for you Linda P.xxx 


I had done a single page with a large stencil using white paint dabber.

Then, with the paint still wet, I pushed the stencil down on another page letting the paint you usually wipe off the stencil go onto the page. Dyan Reaveley technique there.

See all the cool spots that have no paint...very distressed looking.




When it was dry, I used dark Distress inks all over it...Vintage Photo, Pine Needles, Wild Honey, Walnut Stain, and some Mustard Seed in spots.

Wipe the Distress Ink off the white paint gently with a baby wipe.



I got out my new Number Jumble stencil from Dylusions and used it all around the page with Vintage Photo and Black Soot.

PRETTY DARK...

Stamped my new flowers from Background Love and the fun alphabet from Bordering on the Page.

STILL pretty dark.

Then........out comes the White Gelly Roll Pen.

And the Distress Markers!!!!!

Let the magic begin!

Last was the Numbers from Basic Backgrounds with Coffee Archival Ink.

Never give up...just keep swimming!

Thank you Dorie.

Have fun....I did!

Linda


Products Used:

11 comments:

Elaine A said...

Oh Linda -

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday sweetie. I know it had to be as wonderful as you are.

Elaine Allen

Kathyk said...

Glorious project and a belated Happy Birthday from me too

Kathyk

Netty said...

Glad you had a great birthday Linda and loving your latest pages. Annette x

Kate Yetter said...

This is lovely and amazing! Happy Birthday!

Linda said...

Thanks Linda - I will have to experiment! I love the Dylusions stencils, stamps and sprays.


Linda P

Debby said...

That is gorgeous! Have to get my stamps out and play today!

Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love it!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wowsers! I love the gorgeous colors and pattern! fantastic! Have a happy Thursday!

Susan said...

Fun techniques. Thanks for sharing!

charleston forge bar stools said...

I believe it sounded like you have problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at the problem in the first place.

discount sofas said...

What an idea, I have to say furniture and its beautiful and amazing.