Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Emporium Book


We're Home!



We had a great time on our Smoky Mountain trip! It was full of great food, fun, shopping and tours.

That having been said....there's no place like home!

So I decided to work (finally) on putting together the book that goes into the Graphic 45-5x5 Kraftboard Altered Art Box with Album.

This is just one of the BACK pages. We'll prep all the pages here with Distress Stain to start.
Come back tomorrow for this front section!

This page is a bit bowed in the picture because of the "stuff" on the other side...Greetings really is straight, I promise!



If you have the wonderful box, you know it comes with an insert book. It folds out into 4 accordion pages.

I took one of my favorite Distress Stain - Fired Brick and outlined all the sections to begin with.

Then I added just a touch of Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo. I used 2 layers of the Fired Brick to get a rich, deep color on the Kraft Paper.

Almost all the papers are the 8x8 paper pad from the Christmas Emporium collection again.

Since you've cut all the pieces out of one sheet for the box, all you have to do is decide where to put theses gorgeous papers!!! Right???

This is basically just a section of the Happy Holidays paper. (This is the 12x12 sheet here.)

I cut out the one section, then Distress Inked with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo and the Blending Tool.

Glue to to 3rd page from the left on the back.



The Snowflakes are from Maya Road, and the Glitter is Martha Stewart.

Add Glossy Accents and pile on the glitter. I use a piece of chipboard or plastic packaging to GENTLY press the glitter on top to flatten. Then move out of the pile to dry.

Thanks to Lisa M. Pace for teaching me to do glitter. She is the Glitter Queen!

(Check out her new book Delight in the Seasons and her new stamps by Pink Persimmon.)

When they're dry, spray with Blue Smoke Perfect Pearl Mist to add a more vintage look.

You can see the difference in the before and after in the picture above.



The Best Christmas Wishes and Greetings pieces are added to black chipboard.

Punch a hole in the tag, add an eyelet, and tie a piece of gold ribbon.

The Snowflakes needed a "little somethin' more" so I added a Rhinestone.

These were clear, so I added a bit of Denim Alcohol Ink to them for color and contrast.

A Green Metallic Gelly Roll pen makes a few marks around the border, and Coffee Archival Ink added a few more swirls on the tags.

I found the tiny wreath somewhere in my travels, and it was exactly the same size as the one in the picture!

The Star is from Mark Richards.

So I'll be working to put the other pages up as the month goes on.

But my suggestion for gluing is start on the back with the flat pieces, and move to the front.


Live and Learn!

Don't forget that Inspiration Emporium has $5 shipping in the US, and they carry all the things you need for Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. So check them out!

Linda

5 comments:

Lisa M, Pace said...

That's some awesome glittering going on there with the snowflakes. I LOVE glitter! Have fun and Sparkle On

Marijane said...

Linda, I am so glad to see the start of the book that goes into your darling Graphics 45 box!!! I am just putting the finishing touches on my box. This is the second one I've made (did one in a class) and I'm making this one a copy of yours. I think it is the cutest thing ever and was hoping to get ideas for the inside in time to give it to my daughter as a gift. So far... I'm LOVING the back cover! Thanks for sharing.

Candy C said...

Glad you had a great trip. The pictures were beautiful! You crack me up when you said ... "this is just one of the back pages". JUST one of the back pages...like it's just something that you threw together! haha It's BEAUTIFUL! I saw your front cover post today. When you finish this G45 book, you are going to have an heirloom work of art! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Linda, Impressed as always! Thank you for sharing your tips and techniques! Happy Papercrafting!
--
Charee Filimoehala
Graphic 45, LLC

Lynn Stevens said...

So cool. I had to go back and read all about your book, Wonderful Linda, Love all the vintage images! great tip on layering using chipboard, this will save me alot instead of using pop dots! I Love Graphics 45 papers, you've done them proud!
hugs Lynn