This is a project from me to you, and REALLY it comes together rather quickly.
You do have to click on the piece to see the gorgeous colors the Alcohol Inks create.
So, let's get started!
To begin, cut about 30 of the Holly Leaves and 3 of the Branches from the Tim Holtz die Holly Branches.
I used the plastic packaging from all the products I can't live without.
Then, using the Alcohol Ink Applicator Tool and Felt, add several different Green inks.
This is the back...see how splotchy it is....leave areas for the paint to fill in.
This is the front (shiny side). Yes, looks like there is at least a 12 point match on my fingerprint!
You can tell the BACK because the inks will make if feel rough. The FRONT is smooth to the touch.
The Heat It Tool can be used to bend the leaves. Not a lot of heat is needed. And if you don't like the way it looks, just reheat and do it over.
The next step is to add Lettuce and Gold Acrylic Paint Dabber OVER the Alcohol Inks.
All the layering of ink and paint is on one side.
This shows the FRONT of the leaf after I've dabbed all the paint and ink on the BACK.
The paint fills in the spots the Alcohol Ink hasn't covered.
Use the same technique to add Metallic Gold Mixative and then Gold Paint Dabber to one side of the 3 branches.
When dry, heat and scrunch up to form a bed for your Holly Berries.
Now, this is a bit of a twist. When completely dry, you can run the leaves through the Vagabond with the Swirls Texture Fades.
The folder will clean off with a toothbrush and soap if you get a bit of paint on it. No worries.
These leaves I left flat since heating will remove the embossing.
The biggest problem I had was what to use as the base. After trying several ideas, I cut a 6 1/2" circle out of thin corrugated cardboard, and then a 4 1/2" circle out of the center.
Don't be too critical of your cut, as it will not be seen under the leaves.....really!
You'll see why later.
I dried the circle with a hair dryer, it works well and doesn't get too hot.
Then I sprayed it with Forever Green Perfect Pearls Mist.....and dried it again.
This is something I've had forever. It's a twisted paper ribbon.
I tied it through the 3 gold bells and wrapped it around a skewer to curl.
Next I applied Art Glitter Glue and sprinkled with Red Glitter.
It may take a couple of times to get it covered the way you want it.
This is a closeup of the Gold Branch after it's been heated and scrunched.
I used a low-temp hot glue gun to add the berries. I found these a couple of years back in Minnesota.
They came with the snow already on them! BONUS!
I punched 2 holes with the Cropadile, and added large black eyelets.
Since you'll be covering the front with leaves, use the black side of the eyelets for the BACK.
This shows the gorgeous Perfect Pearls Mist at a different angle. The 2 colors of Distress Stain make it have a wonderful glow with the Pearls.
The Red and Gold Cord is tied in a square knot through the 2 holes and frayed out.
I bought this at Scrapaganza before they closed...I miss them already:(
Then lay out your 1st layer of leaves. Since I only heated the embossed leaves LIGHTLY on the edges, they go well as the 1st layer. They're flatter.
Add with the hot glue gun.
Then lay out your second layer and start gluing. This shows the beautiful Bottle Green here and there.
Make sure to leave just a single layer at the top where the bow will go.
Add your bells and berry pieces with the hot glue.
The bow is tied and added to the top for the finishing touch!
I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial. It really doesn't take a lot of time to make this wreath, seriously.
I put it together if a few hours.
So give it a try, and put your own spin on it.
Have a great week.
We'll draw for the winner later this week, so don't forget to add your comment to the previous GIVEAWAY post.
I found some more goodies to add to the package. When you open a drawer here, and there's always something new you've forgotten about!