Friday, May 14, 2010

Vintaj Brass and the Cuttlebug


Before the Dragonfly is added...the inks and brass are hard to get a good pic of with glare changing the colors.....brass looks silver here...but ink colors are more accurate.

Jess from Vintaj sent me some brass a couple of months ago. It's really cool plates that are 3x3 and various other sizes. I drew a blank.


She has said it can go through the Cuttlebug and get embossed. I was skeptical to say the least. This stuff is HEAVY!


Well, I'm here to report, I was really wrong!!!! THIS STUFF IS SOOOO COOL!


You just send it through the Cuttlebug and it works!!! AMAZING!!!


After you emboss, use Alcohol Inks in various bright colors and a paint brush to color the recessed areas. Add tiny drops of Blending Solution to create cool affects. I also used some Metallic Mixative Gold on the blank and the Dragonfly. Sand off the numbers to remove any unwanted ink.


I glued the blank to chipboard to raise it. The little wooden box was painted with Landscape Green from Claudine Hellmuth's collection, and aged with Distress Inks.


The papers are from the 7Gypsies 6x6 pack Gypsie Market. VERY COOL papers.


I traced and cut each section, added stamps and distress ink and glued to the box with Matte Multi-Medium from Claudine. When dry, add another layer of the medium to seal.


The Dragonfly is glued with Crafter's Pick. I used a dry brush technique to add the Gold Mixative. Love how that worked out.


Enjoy the weekend....Soccer Tournament for Erin. Should be good weather if the fields dry out a bit!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, that is really cool! I saw they were selling sheets, now I know what to do with them! lol. Yep, that paper is really cool, I have a hard time using it!

helen said...

Love this, it is so gorgeous.

Art By Wanda said...

Totally gorgeous!!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor, this is totally awesome Linda... I love it loads xx

Dianne Adams said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing the products you used and the process.

JAN said...

utterly splendid..looks like a real treasure beautifully exquisite..also thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment much appreciated hugs janet

2amscrapper said...

Another amazing art piece!

Lisa V. said...

You always inspire me to go play & use new toys! :) Love the box....another winner!

Guess who's coming to teach at my LSS in 2 weeks.......the man himself! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning! do you know what gauge it was? I've run copper through my cuttlebug but not sure how heavy it can handle! I have some pretty heavy stuff thats about impossible to cut even with metal cutters. I'd hate to break it. In any case your box is Gorgeous!

Marie Cramp said...

I am truly impressed! What an amazing project :) I will have to try something like that. You are a superb artists, I would love to sit and create with you.

Marie