Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Christmas Tag Tutorial to YOU!



I know you guys have been following Tim's 12 Days of Christmas...right??? And who wouldn't???

Although I've been drooling like the rest of you, I haven't taken the time to make one yet.


Sooooooo, after working a week with Beeswax, and UTEE, and dabbing the fingers with toothpaste (thank you Suze) and Foille (a miracle drug), I think I've figured out how to keep all ten out of the band-aid box!!! Fun stuff everyone!!!


You have GOT to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, after looking at Tim's latest, I remembered a strip of film tape I had glued little faces on when I first got it. BONUS!!!! It was already donewith little faces from Paper Imagery Designs. But I never figured out what to DO with it. And a Christmas tag was just the place for it after seeing Tim's tag today.


So I thought I'd share the process with you as my Christmas Gift to my bloggers.

Here ya go!!!

1. I started with the ususal tag and added Old Paper Distress Ink all around the whole tag. Added Aged Mahogany to all but the center, some Brushed Corduroy and then heat set. Must heat set or EP will stick everywhere!!!


2. Then I used Tim's edge stamp from the Rockstar set to ink with embossing ink, and add Lettuce Adirondack embossing powder. Before using heat tool, brush off around the tag edges for a random tattered edge...it looks a bit more vintage that way. I LOVE this stamp done with the green EP!!!!!

3. Using Sepia Archival ink and the Fabulous Flourish, stamp the entire tag even over the EP. Lightly heat set again and it's good to go. The sepia ink is so cool over the lettuce EP. (Open center is for Christmas Carols stamp.)

4. Distress the edge and add my personal favorite, Black Soot Distress ink. Could not live without this ink!!!! Makes all the colors POP!


5. From the Mini Holidays I stamped the Christmas Carols and Pine Bough around the edge in Black Archival ink.


6. I used Tombow markers to add red and grey shadows to the stamped images.


7. The Film Strip is glued to chipboard and then glued to the tag. 3 glittery star brads go down the side...hard to see the sparkle here.


8. The little bulbs are tied together with red embroidery floss and the gold wire ribbon is tied and scrunched for a vintage look. The floral embellishment is cut from a larger piece I found at Jeffrey Alan's. I liked the snow on them. Glue in place. If the leaf sticks, it's all good!
*
*
And there you have it. Thanks to everyone who stops by, especially those who leave a comment. It's no fun talking to yourself!!!!
*
*
We're off for a few days vacation where it's a bit warmer....good food, some shows, and no snow.


Be Well.

Linda

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love those little tree lights and you tag look wonderful - Thanks for sharing ... Happy Christmas :0)

Electra said...

Boyohboy, now I will have the 13 tags of Christmas! It's lovely, thank you!

debb said...

Wonderful tag!

Scrapthat said...

Beautiful job on the Tag Linda...though no surprise there!
I love the tip about wiping off the embossing power! TFS your Art with us!

Elaine A said...

Linda -

What a fantastic tag! I love this look. Where did you get the little bulbs, they are so cute.
Thank you for the tutorial.

Elaine Allen

Linda M. Cain said...

I wish I could tell you where I got the little bulbs, but it was last year! I'm pretty sure it was Michaels....could have been Hobby Lobby though.

Linda

yoursartfully said...

Hey Linda,

What a gorgeous tag and I think that everyone on this crafting planet now wants some of those dead cute lights!!!
Just to let you know, I made my decision and I'm coming to CHA after all.....see you there.

Lin

Sherry Cheever said...

Whoa this is gorgeous and I love the little light bulbs plus all your other little details. They definitely make the tag!

kelsey said...

Wonderful job you've done on this tag Linda! I too am in love with my distress inks and put black soot and weathered wood right at the top of my favourites! Thanks for the instructions too. ;-)

2amscrapper said...

Love your tag! Have a great trip!

Betty said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I love your tag. The colors and filmstrip are fantastic.

Hels Sheridan said...

Linda, you baaaad girl...I have been smug, keeping up with Tim and his 12 Tags..and now...I have to go and try and make this one you have made cos....IT IS BLINKING GORGEOUS!!!!! I adore it...so much that I actually am thinking of ways to steal it ROFL THANK YOU for the inspirations....you are a star xx

Anonymous said...

Linda! What a beauty. Love the vibrant colors, the embossing is dead on, and oh those tiny bulbs! The whole crafting world is going to be on the hunt for them now.
I'm in love with this tag!
Eileen

SusanK said...

This tag just jumps off the page with it's vibrancy! TFS Hey, why didn't you take some of the articness with you when you headed for warmer climes???? Don't you know friends *share*??!?!?

babs55 said...

Fabulous tag---every bit as good as Tim's Thanks for sharing with us all. Your site is the one I go to first in the morning (after the weather:)) !

Lori said...

Holy crow, another tag to do! I LOVE IT! You have such a way with putting colors together that I would never dream of, it's fabulouso!

Debby said...

Love your tag. What kind of stuff are you using on your hands or fingers? Does it stop the dryness from this time of year? Thanks for the tutorial for the beautiful tag.

Sue Benedick said...

Linda, have a nice vacation. Your tag is right up there with Tim's.
Thanks,
Sue

Charlene E. said...

Great tag. Thanks for the instructions. I like how you used the film strip as a border and put other things on the tag too, not just pictures like t!m did. Gives me another idea for my film strip ribbon I have.

Kathy2eggs said...

Really great details, the instructions are dead on. I love the little lights, and have smaller ones that will work just perfect.
Did I say "Great!", good job!

Art By Wanda said...

Linda, your tag is gorgeous!!!! And it's wonderful having the tutorial to go with it!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, it's fantastic Linda! Which sheet of images from PID will fit the filmstrip? I have to have some sheets that will fit as I am loving that filmstrip ribbon. The lights really make it! Kathy E

Escape said...

Great idea with the filmstrip! I love that stuff! Glad you got a little time away where it was warmer--you deserve it.

Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us! Now....just to find some time to make one. :)

Oh--my package came---THANK YOU!!!

Lisa V
http://happyplacecreations.blogspot.com

Aimee said...

LOVE it!